Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Contributor
sapan123
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Unable to register my device with push services

Hi Garett,

I am not using the PushLib43.java sample code. I am using a third party lib for push notifications.

Could you please help me about which missing parameter are you taking about, also I am still surprise that my code was working before and why not the same code is working now.

I had also sent you the complete URL and I believe the URL is not missing anything, could you please help me to figure out why push registration is not working for me and I am getting "unable to access the URL"?

Thanks

-Sapan

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi Sapan,

Which library are you using? I can't post the parameters here, they're "secret" and the forum will rip them out. But if you download the Push Services SDK you can open the sample app, check the line I referenced and see the code:

https://developer.blackberry.com/develop/platform_services/push_overview.html

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
mdandrea
My Carrier: Rogers

Note that if you're looking for the Push Demo sample, it's been moved out of the Push Service SDK and is now downloadable on its own from here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/platform_services/push_apps.html

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sapan123
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Hi Garett

Thanks for responding.

We are using Kony as a third party application for registering with the BB Push services. Apparently this was working as expected two weeks ago.

As you suggested I have downloaded the sample push application and loaded it on my device, I have updated the required parameter on the setting screen, but I am not getting what should I pass in Push initiator URL as I don't have anything.

Can you please help me in that? I just want to check if I used my push credential using this demo app can I am able to register successfully or not.

Thanks

-Sapan

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom
My Carrier: Bell

Hi Sapan,

I wouldn't use the sample app, just check the line I referenced earlier and add that to your app.

If the Kony lib is not working it may be worth following up with the devs of the lib to see if they can assist as well.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.