Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Contributor
peterymyong
My Device: Torch 9810

Unauthorized to push to URL

Hello!

I installed the client sample app, bundled in the SDK, onto a BOLD 9000 and was able to successfully registered with my BPSS. This can be verified through the BlackBerry Push Service SDK Debug Portal. However when I attempt to push a test message out to the client sample app (via the BlackBerry Push Service SDK Debug Portal), I got the following error message:

"Unauthorized to push to URL: https://pushapi.eval.blackberry.com/mss/PD_pushRequest with username: xxx and password: xxx".

Any advice is much appreciated.

New Contributor
peterymyong

Re: Unauthorized to push to URL

Problem resolved ... enter the server's password (not portal's password) that was provided by RIM at evaluation registration.

Contributor
frankwu
My Device: RIM 8310

Hi :

I have exactly the same problem as you.

I am attemp to use debug-portal to push the message to sample-app(application ID : 1-1n2ef48ce7m5).

(The application has been registered successfully in device). You mentionedthe password is NOT not

portal's password. It confuses me, I don't know how to get the server's password that was provided

by RIM at evaluation registration?

Could you give me some feedback please?

Thanks

Regular Contributor
mdicesare
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

When you set your application up in the DebugPortal the id and username fields should be filled in with the 'Application Id' field from the 'Client' section from the email RIM sent you during your online sign-up to use Push Services. The password should be from the 'Password' field in the 'Server' section of the email.

New Contributor
peterymyong

When you register for your Push account you need to provide your server's (static) IP address. RIM then assigns a password to your server's account. You must use that server's password in order to push message through the RIM Push Gateway.