Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9810 Torch
My Carrier: VIPnet

Urban Airship and BlackBerry integration - not receving push notifications (both Native and Java)

Hi,

I have had experience with integrating Urban Airship with BlackBerry on both platforms, Java and BB10 Native alike.

I used examples from the web to achieve this.

That was 2 or 3 months ago.

I'm using the same code now, even the same credentials (on both BB10 and java), and the push notifications are not arriving to the BlackBerry device.  I checked the credentials several times, and they are all correct (UA and BB alike).

On the BB10 device, I can register and unregister device for listening, and that works just fine.

I run test with deregistered device and trying to send it a push message from the UA side - and I do get a notification/error that the device is not longer listening to messages (something like that).

I register the device, receive ok status, try to send the message from the UA infrastructure again,

and see no results.

All I can see, on the UA side, that the message has been prepared and sent, but no message has been received on the device end.

What else could I try, to get it to work?

Many thanks,

Hrvoje

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Urban Airship and BlackBerry integration - not receving push notifications (both Native and Java)

Could you try pushing through the BlackBerry servers directly, removing Urban Airship? This would eliminate any issues that may exist with UA.

Have you queried the BlackBerry servers to determine if the device is registered properly to receive push messages?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Regular Contributor

Re: Urban Airship and BlackBerry integration - not receving push notifications (both Native and Java)

No, I did not.

How could I do that?

Retired

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the direction to head.

I'm at the fourth step of the samlpe,

BLACKBERRY_PUSH_BOUNDARY = "asdfglkjhqwert";

I do not have any information in the email about this boundary.

Am I missing something, or is this a deafult value I should not worry about?

Retired

You can leave the value as-is. The boundary value just needs to match a value in the header, it lets the BlackBerry server know how to parse the message.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Regular Contributor

ok, we might be a step closer.

When trying to receive PIN's, I get the following error/message:

Failed to receive PINS:

Host not found

same for sending the message:

Failed to send Push:

Host not found

I checked the credentials again, they are all correct.

Retired

What URL do you specify for BLACKBERRY_PUSH_URL?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Regular Contributor

Retired

You're missing a '/' at the end

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!