Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Trusted Contributor
sabanim
My Device: Curve 9330

Webworks push in background start page

Hi

I have a webworks app.

My push is on a background start page.  And I have a different home page as the foreground start page.

Now my registration alert comes up "null" after each start of app 2 or 3 times then "success"  when I run it as a foreground start page.

So when its in background start page setting  does it reload ever now and then or only once?  And if once and that time is "null"  I will never have a success registration.

Should I put my push in both the background page and the foreground page?  or am I missing something?

Trusted Contributor
icecappacino
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Webworks push in background start page

Have you made any head way with this? 

I am using a similar approach. It works on 1st install but subsequent notifications after reading the first notification seems to not fire off. I even tried putting it on an onExit event....I'm not sure whats going on

Trusted Contributor
sabanim

Well....no   what I have done is on the home page (index.htm)  I did made a main function that loads on body.  In that I call the openBISPushListener first then my other methods.  It seems to be working fine even if the app is closed

Trusted Contributor
icecappacino

Actually I got it to work on the background start page. the wakuppage is the same background start page...seems to work as well.

Trusted Contributor
sabanim

Cool   I believe then after a push is received when you open the app it will open on your background page not the index page.  Correct?  

Trusted Contributor
icecappacino

hmmm actually this is the part that puzzles me... Does it automatically open your app? because What I do is upon recieving the notification I showBannerIndicator() 

So the user will have to manually open the app....

However I note that AFTER the first push notification I am unable to recieve any more without "re-installing" the app.

Regular Visitor
dmitryf
My Device: 9800

Any luck on this issue? Is it possible to resume background app?

Trusted Contributor
sabanim

Not anything more than stated above. I really didn't need to have mine in the back ground. And you can't force the app to go into the foreground via push if that is what you mean.

Just set your wakePage to your background page if you want that page to load after a push.
Developer
shnuffy
My Device: Bold 9700

You can set your wakeuppage to requestForeground() on some <body onload=> or init() function. This would effectively bring your app into the foreground on a push.