Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
benitaclarissa
My Device: -

additional signing key permission for push notification

Hi,

I am trying to deploy and sign blackberry 10 app. The app signed successfully using webworks 1.0.2.9. But, when I tried to sign the app using webworks 1.0.3.8, it shows the message below:
out: [ERROR] Error: Code signing request failed because [_sys_use_consumer_push] in Entry-Point-System-Actions is not allowed.
Done build
error response - {"code":1,"msg":"[ERROR] Error: Code signing request failed because [_sys_use_consumer_push] in Entry-Point-System-Actions is not allowed.\n"
,"data":null}

According to the article in http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/11/push-permissions-changes/, we need to request additional permission to existing signing key. How to request it? Could anybody help me to give more details about this?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: additional signing key permission for push notification

Have you signed up for Push Services? If so you should have received an email to the address registered with your account with steps needed to request this permission.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
benitaclarissa

Yes, I have signed up for Push Services (for test environment, not production).

But, I didn't receive any emails about this issue.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Here is a copy of the original email sent from BlackBerryPushServices@rim.com:

"Dear Developers,

Research In Motion is committed to continually improving the developer experience and today we wanted to inform you about a change that may impact your applications that use our push service.  As we roll out the BlackBerry 10 platform we will be integrating the push service with our code signing solution with the goal of streamlining the processes/activities you need to do when signing up for services like push. 

In order to complete this transition without any interruption to your existing apps that you have, or are planning to developer on BlackBerry 10 we will need you to provide us with email address you are using to code sign your applications.  This will be the email address you used when you completed the BlackBerry Keys Order form here.  Once complete we will automatically apply the appropriate push permissions to your code signing key.  This is expected to be a onetime only process and information on future push service account requests will be made available shortly.

Your prompt response will help us ensure there is no interruption to any active BlackBerry 10 development which utilizes push service.

Thank you

BlackBerry Push Services Team"

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
benitaclarissa

[ Edited ]

I have sent an email to BlackBerryPushServices@rim.com about the email address that we using in signing key registration form.How many days does it usually take to process the permissions?

I have another question about the push services.

I want to register push services to production environment.

There is a field 'Over-the-air Download Link' but I just plan to publish it on BlackBerry AppWorld.

What link should I fill to the form?

Could I use the evaluation and production push service in the same time?

So, I can develop the new feature of the application using evaluation (testing) environment and user still get push notification from the current application (published application).

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

The process is new, but I wouldn't expect it to take more than a couple of days in total to complete.

For the OTA download link, this is really just meant for BlackBerry OS 7.1 and lower applications, for BlackBerry 10 you should just enter your company's URL.

EVAL and PROD can be used at the same time but EVAL will expire after a few months.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
benitaclarissa

Hi gbeukeboom,

I sent an email to BlackBerryPushServices@rim.com last Wednesday about the registered email for push services and signing key. But, I don't receive any response from BlackBerry Push Services Team. Could you help me to get push permission to existing signing key as soon as possible? I really need it to develop BB10 application. 

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Just sent you a private message
Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
lchampagnie
My Device: bold 9900

Hi Garette,

Maybe you can help me out. I am encountering the same issue with my signing keys permission. I sent an email to blackberrypushservices@rim.com a few days ago but haven't heard back regarding the permissions. They only pointed me to the signing keys applications page but i already have keys I just need the Push permission on the key.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Jerome Carty just sent me a Tweet about you :smileyhappy:

Fire me a PM with your code signing email and, if you have it, the client ID of your keys. I'll get the permission added by tomorrow.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.