Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

(bb10) push notifications not received

Hi!

After having my push service working it has stopped.

I can register the user, create the chanel and everything works fine, but when sending notifications, it says everything is ok but nothing is received on alpha device.

This worked fine, maybe it crashes after last OS update, not sure.

Any idea on what happens?

This is the push response:

<?xml version="1.0"?><!DOCTYPE pap PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD PAP 2.1//EN" "http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/DTD/pap_2.1.dtd"><pap><push-response push-id="1358369064.3321" sender-address="http://pushapi.eval.blackberry.com/mss/PD_pushRequest" sender-name="RIM Push-Data Service" reply-time="2013-01-16T20:44:24Z"><response-result code="1001" desc="The request has been accepted for processing."></response-result></push-response></pap>

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: (bb10) push notifications not received

Osus what is your device side app written using - Cascades, AIR or WebWorks?

Do you know if you are using  Push Plus or Push Essentials because if you are using Push Plus you will be able to query the result of your push to better help understand what happened.

Would it be possible to obtain the slog2 from your Dev Alpha? It will help to determine if the push message is arriving at your device. It may be best for us to follow up offline and then we can post the result back to the forum. Private message me your email address, thanks.

Developer

Thanks for answering!

I'm using AIR. I had it working some days ago but not now.

I'm using Push Essentials.

What is slog2 and where/how can I get it?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

To get the slog2 you will need to install the Momentics IDE that is installed with the BlackBerry 10 Native SDK. Installing this IDE will give you the tools you need to access the device.

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/download/

1.     In the QNX Momentics IDE, in the Target Navigator view, right-click the device target. ClickLaunch SSH Session.

2.     In the terminal that appears, do one of the following:

a.     To view the current slogger2 logs, type slog2info.

b.    To view real-time output for the processes that are being debugged (for applications that are running in development mode), type slog2info -w.

c.     To view help information on slogger2, type slog2info -h

ssh to the device and run:

slog2info > /tmp/slog2.txt and then send the slog2.txt

We are able to determine the root cause of the issue in this thread was that the bar descriptor XML needed to be updated to have:

<invoke-target id="your.invoke.target.id"> 
      <type>APPLICATION</type> 
       <filter> 
           <action>bb.action.PUSH</action> 
           <mime-type>application/vnd.push</mime-type> 
       </filter> 
</invoke-target> 

However, when the BAR file was generated the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF was missing the invoke target entries which led to discovering the root cause of the issue which was the PlayBook AIR SDK instead of the BlackBerry 10 SDK. Once the correct SDK was used pushes started to arrive on the device.

Developer

Thanyou man.

It was my fault finally, but I would have not found it without your help.

New Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: tsel

Hello,  I have some problem myself with the push service in cascades.  The message sometime arrive and sometime it doesn't.  It really frustates me.  I'm using push plus, just got the account actually.  How to check the status on push plus?  Any idea how to trace it?  Thx

Hendry

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Could you please create a brand new post with your question.

You can perform a status query to check on the delivery status of the push.

Create a new post and then answer the following as well:  How are you sending out the push?  Are you using our Push Service SDK?

Thanks,

Matt