Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Carrier: Bell

Re: push service is not working

So you are trying to subscribe from the device? Is that correct?

If so, have you set the correct port and App ID on the client-side? Are you using the same application as used for the other project but just changing values?

What are you using for the bpsUrl?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
user17
My Carrier: airtel

Hi gbeukeboom,

iam testing in my device only. both projects iam using different appid  and port; for checking purpose i used the first project content provider url as second project content provider url.

private String bpsUrl = "http://pushapi.eval.blackberry.com";

Thanks

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Are you using the same test application for both services? If so this could be the issue if using the 5.0+ APIs.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
user17

Hi gbeukeboom,

I got push application code from the net, iam using this application in my 2 projects and iam changing the values. Is this correct know? other wise how i will do this? i using blackberry sdk version 5.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Create a separate project with a different name and package structure, copy the code in to the project and make the necessary package changes. Test with the new project on your phone.

The 5.0 APIs register using the application descriptor, if using the same application it will try to register a different port for the same application...which could cause issues.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
user17

Hi gbeukeboom,

Now i experiment with same application that means iam not integrating this application to my project.just running the application with different credientials, using this iam registering and unregistering then iam using another credentials and try to registering. all the time one of my conent provider url is working. Another is not working. so is it content provider url problem or application problem or any other problem?

In my project i already changed different package for Persistable implementing class. that time also i got problem but iam not changed all pakage name.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Perhaps if you would try a different application we would know more :smileywink:

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.