Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
brsengar
My Device: BB 9105

Re: sample-push-initiator doesn't work

Thanks Matt!!

I can configure push initiator. Is there any sample push client application which I can install on my device to test it?

Regards,

Brsengar

Retired
mdandrea
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

That's great news. :smileyhappy:

What OS is on the device you're testing with?  Is this for BlackBerry 10?

Developer
brsengar

I have Blackberry 6 Device 9900. I also have other devices 9760/9790 9810 etc but not BB10. 

Just curious to know if I can get BB 10 alpha demo device? We are working on porting our application to BB10.

Regards,

Brsengar

Developer
brsengar

Hey..sorry to bother you too much. I found sample-push-enabled-app in the folder, I will try it out... Thanks a ton!!!

Regards

Brsegar

Developer
brsengar

Hi,

I am setting up Push client application given with the sdk, sample-push-enabled-app. I am struggling with on setting, Push Initiator application URL. I know it has to be URL of the application which sends push command. In sample scenario, I have localhost URL https://localhost:8443/sample-push-initiator which is not accissible from internet. What should I put in client application?

Thanks

Brsengar

Retired
gbeukeboom

brsengar wrote:

I have Blackberry 6 Device 9900. I also have other devices 9760/9790 9810 etc but not BB10. 

Just curious to know if I can get BB 10 alpha demo device? We are working on porting our application to BB10.

Regards,

Brsengar

Hi Brsengar,

There have been programs in the past (Jam events, developer events etc) where BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha devices were provided, however there is no such program running at the moment. If you would like to apply for a Dev Alpha C (QWERTY device) you can do so here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devalphac/

The more points you have (more info on the linked page) the better your chances of qualifying.

Cheers,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Retired
mdandrea

Hi Brsengar,

Unfortunately, the Push Initiator URL does have to be externally accessible for it to be able to subscribe to it from the device.  

There are low-level APIs avaiable if you don't want to use this subscription to the Push Initiator (which is part of the high-level APIs).  Using the low-level APIs, you would be pushing by the device's PIN instead of a subscriber ID.

Matt