Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
helpdesktonu
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Activesync read/unred and contact issue

Hello,

I synced a blackberry Q10 O.S. 10.1.0.2309 with Exchange ActiveSync (Exchange 2010) and I noticed the following problems:

If I read an email from the BB is also read in outlook after about 15 minutes.
If I read an email from outlook is also read in the BB after about 15 minutes
While sending and receiving is all in real-time.

Another problem is: if you memorize a contact from blackberry for example:
Name: Mark
Phone: 123456789

In outlook after a few seconds I see it correctly synchronized, but if I change the number in outlook like this:
Phone: 1234567890

On BB after a few seconds will appear in this way
Phone: 123456789
Phone: 1234567890

I have both the old number and the number you just edited (it also happens synchronizing hotmail)
I emphasize that all of the above does not happen it will IOs and Android devices.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rambo47
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 & Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Activesync read/unred and contact issue

Sounds like a BlackBerry/Hotmail conflict and I doubt there is anything you can do to change it.  I syncronize my contacts wireless with iCloud and I do not get this mis-formatting of edits. Custom labels can wreak havoc on syncronising contacts though. If you have any custom labels those contacts can be duplicated and triplicated upon sync as one system recognizes the custom lables and the other changes the custom fields to "other". Do you get the same problem if you edit the contact on your BlackBerry instead of in Outlook?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
helpdesktonu
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Activesync read/unred and contact issue

If I modify the contact from blackberry is working properly.
is not a compatibility issue with the accounts, because the test was made after hotmail.
BB was turned on - updated - sync with activesync - this morning for the first time.

Thanks

Daniel

Please use plain text.