Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
DonnaJMolinari
My Device: BLACKBERRY Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

Afaria client for Blackberry Q10 - is there one available?

Where do you get an Afaria Client for Blackberry 10 - my company requires me to install this application in order to get Outlook Email and Calendar to my phone. I use Microsoft ActiveSync and there is no client for a Blackberry which is a sad thing.

I just purchased a Blackberry Q10 and I have 10.1 OS on it. I was able to use my email for awhile but my company has a policy that does not allow any syncing unless Afaria Client was installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Q10 is useless now for my work - I am not able to use ActiveSync - BB does not support OWA, so I have no way of getting my work email and calendar. I tried to sync my calendar at work, but the Blackberry LINK always fails that it can't sync a recurring meeting even though I say NOT TO SYNC CONFLICTING events!!! The Blackberry SYNC was not tested correctly. It does not even tell me why it can't sync no matter why options I choose.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Afaria client for Blackberry Q10 - is there one available?

I am running OS 10.2.1.1925 on my Z10 and just installed the Android version of Afaria. It opens to the page that asks me to Activate device administrator. I didn't click activate but clicked cancel instead and it's asking for an enrollment code. I don't know if all features of the app will work but the app does run on this OS.

If you want to load the 10.2.1.1925 then head over to the following link and download the autoloader. You'll need to know your exact device model so you know which file to download. On the device, in any field where you can type text type 'myver' and hit space (no quotes.) That will tell your model number.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/lengend-presents-10-2-1-1925-all-q-z-887047/

Once you dowload the autoloader you'll need to unzip it using 7zip.

Then Make a full backup of your device using Link.

Then close Link, plug in your device, and double click on the autoloader.

Come back in about 10 minutes and your device should be updated.

You can then install Android apps directly to the device. There is a BlackBerry 10 native app called Snap that needs to be sideloaded but is very nice, it's just not in BBWorld yet. There is also an app called 1Mobile that you can install directly as it's an Android app.

There are a few steps to make it work but it might be worth the time. The 10.2.1.1925 OS is very nice even if you don't get Afaria working. The ability to install almost any android app is quite nice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DonnaJMolinari

Where do I get the Afaria client at - what the URL link to it. I could not find it in App World.

Is the upgrade O.K. for the device Q10 for 10.2 - I  was expecting it to be available from Blackberry link. I will need 10.2 first in order to install Afaria? If I can do that I will be able to get my email from work.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I mean no disrespect but I gave fairly detailed instructions. If you don't think you can follow them then this solution may not be for you.

There is no Afaira client available for BlackBerry. BlackBerry uses BlackBerry Enterprise Service. I mentioned the Afaria Android app as it does work on BlackBerry 10 but takes a few steps to attempt to get working.

Honestly, the process might be a little beyond what you want to do. Sorry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DonnaJMolinari

Wow! You gave me instructions but you never mentioned where to get Afaria app at? I have no idea what Web site has the download. I assume I need install upgrade OS 10.2 first. I will only start with the he steps until I have all of the information. I am sorry my questions where not nothing what you expected.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

It is an android app. You get it with an app like 1Mobile or Snap that I mentioned. I never said anything about getting 10.2 using BlackBerry Link. I said you have to download 10.2.1.1925 from Crackberry.com. Again, I meant no disrespect but it might be more than you want to go through especially when there is no guarantee it will work. I did download it and install it and it appears to work but I can't really test because my company doesn't use it.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

And, based on your questions the process might be a bit to "techy" for you. However, if you want I will walk you through each step if you're willing to follow my instructions.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DonnaJMolinari

I have No comment and your personal attacks. Please no need to answer I will take care of it on my own.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I never personally attacked you but suit yourself. If you need help just post back.
Please use plain text.
maheshJhoomuck
My Device: Blackberry 5
My Carrier: Bia

SAP Afaria currently supports BlackBerry 5,6 and 7 devices. Recently announced BlackBerry Z10 & Q10 devices (BlackBerry 10, formerly known as BBX) are based on a new operating system (QNX).

There are no current plans to support these devices in Afaria.

Source : http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2013/02/21/sap-afaria-product-road-map-recording-and-qa

Please use plain text.