Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
antimena
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat
Accepted Solution

After upgrade to 10.2.0.424 - battery charging takes 24 hours and discharge less than 2!

[ Edited ]

I was surprised to see another post saying that battery performance improved after upgrading to 10.2.0.424 ...

Two days ago I updated over wireless to the latest version 10.2.0.424 and since then:

1- charging a battery takes 24 hours (and sometimes does not even fully charge!),

2- discharge takes a couple of hours,

3- the battery heats up more than before

4- blackbackground to BBM that is making unreadable

For reference - I had none of these problems prior to the upgrade, and I have not installed anything else since

Did anyone witness this problem? How can I downgrade to the previous version?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
maarko
My Device: Q10 v10.2.0.424
My Carrier: {unbranded}

Re: After upgrade to 10.2.0.424 - battery charging takes 24 hours and discharge less than 2!

try few restarts. maybe also try - as i've just read on diffrent post - to press volume up and volume down keys simultaneously for 20 sec (ignore screenshot sound) - it will perform a reboot too.

after i had updated to 10.2 my battery was also draining faster (but not as yours), however few restarts, few full recharges and now it's even better than before.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
antimena
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: After upgrade to 10.2.0.424 - battery charging takes 24 hours and discharge less than 2!

Thanks maarko - tried that since the beginning, and so far no improvement. Would you know how to downgrade my code to the previous stable version? This issue is making my blackberry barely useable!
Please use plain text.
Developer
maarko
My Device: Q10 v10.2.0.424
My Carrier: {unbranded}

I am not sure how to do downgrade exactly, but guys on crackberry did upgrade to early 10.2 leaks, so I believe it is possible to install 10.1 in preatty much same way.

but before you proceed that way. I would try wipe out in first place - maybe this will clear some bad config files, or something. Later, if it doesn't help, check out BlackBerry Link - there is "Restore Device" function. I assume it is doing some kind of full wipeout and reinstall, but I can not be sure. I even can't check by myself - I have linux Desktop and there is no Link for this OS.

Another thing that cames up to me... - how are you charging your BB? Is it through PC USB, or wall charger? If you have tried original blackberry wall charger included in the box, check is it working properly, is it giving proper current (mA)

Note, that if charger gives not enough current (like PC USB 1.0, or old wall chargers as well), it may charge long, or even not at all as device may consume more power for idle than charger is giving at a time.

Please use plain text.