Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
Tupee
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: orange

Re: An Idea For a BlackBerry Q10 Trackpad?

when I go through bbm chats recent updates invites ect.. if there is multiple updates I delete them and it deletes like 20 and I have like 1000 left so it makes scrolling glitchy the invites part has 2 ticks which I dont understand because if I press the bottom one it declines the request and If I press the top one it excepts even though there exactly same icon. is there a quicker way to delete chats? also my friend was really interested in the Q10 not so interested in the price how much will the Q5 cost and how much will the future "A10" cost and when will they be out c:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok. It might help you if you used some puncuation in all that.... separate thoughts with a comma, and a period between sentances. That's helps the comprehension on this end.

Tupee wrote:

when I go through bbm chats recent updates invites ect.. if there is multiple updates I delete them and it deletes like 20 and I have like 1000

In BBM, ON your Updates Tab, you can delete delete the updates? I don't see how, so I don't know what you're doing there. Normally , If I want to clear this Updates tab, I just scroll down and the count goes to 0

Tupee wrote:

is there a quicker way to delete chats?

Touch and hold on the chat you want to delete > on the right side pop up menu > trashcan.

Tupee wrote:

also my friend was really interested in the Q10 not so interested in the price how much will the Q5 cost and how much will the future "A10" cost and when will they be out c:

No one here knows the pricing on those devices... the Q5 is to be a budget priced device, though. So, expect it cheaper. The A10 will be the top of the line device, it will cost more. And all prices are subject to carrier pricing.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tupee
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: orange

Thanks for the help much appreachiated and im rubbish at enlgish grammar+spelling

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sure thing, we try hard to understand.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tetsubara
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: STARHUB

I just bought a Q10 thinking it is the same as all BB after my torch turns rickety...to my horror, i simply CANNOT live without the trackpad!!!!!! I'm a lady with slimmer fingersand I type a lot but the bubble manouvre is so awkward i'd be faster at deleting all and start again! really appreciate anyone who could post a notice if an app to improving this comes up, I feel dreaded to use this phone despite just paying 500 bucks for it....another great disappointment will be the immediate speed-dial absence
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lmgeuk
My Device: Leaving Q10 for the 9900

Tetsubara,

Unfortunately, If you are like most of us other BBY users, you will most likely give up on the Q10 shortly.

This is simply a much lesser device than the 9900, which in my opinion is by far the best BBY to date.

the text editing on the new Q10 is more like an ipad - impossible!

try to sell the Q10 on ebay - somebody told me that there are over 5,000 Q10 devices for sale there by disgruntled early adopters.

Good luck - I am back to the 9900

Please use plain text.
Contributor
heraiz
My Device: Bold 9900 - International - Arabic - Unlocked
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi Everyone!, I recommend we all come together and start reading and posting at one thread that represent our frustration with the direction Blackberry is heading...

-Why I’m giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Q10/Why-I-m-giving-up-my-Q10-to-go-back-to-the-Bol...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

@tetsubara, when you place the bubble you can easily move it right or left or up or down by tapping on that side of the circle. For example, if you put the cursor on a word but it ends up to the right of the letter you want to edit simply tap on the left side of the circle until the cursor is where you want it. Each time you tap the side of the circle it will move in that direction one space.  This is fast and easy and no track pad is needed.

Some frustrations may be legit but many are likely due to not knowing the device and not giving it enough time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tetsubara

i tried to 'like' the bubble, but first of all, it isnt always the bubble that turns up, it is most likely the diagonal water-droplets (possibly the copy paste function), when the bubble shows up, i cant move it to the mispelt letter in between words without spending some effort trying again and again....typing used to be a pleasure on nokia, BB bold and BB torch, until my ignorance brings me to Q10!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tetsubara

thanks for your positivity anyway
Please use plain text.