Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: An Idea For a BlackBerry Q10 Trackpad?

lmgeuk wrote:

Frankly, I just wish someone on this thread would start listenting and asking us what we really care about, not just telling us that we need to adapt.

Oh, sorry, the fact that I and others have been responding indicates we are "listening". But "we" can listen until the cows come home and it won't matter; We are not BlackBerry and we can only listen and nothing more. Can't act on it or do anything other than give you a shoulder.

So, please, lie back and tell us what you think. We (users just like you) are listening.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have used a Z10 for 5 1/2 months and no longer need a track pad and was able to use a 9860 with out for a few weeks.

We all know there is some one adamaent on having it back but it wont be anytime soon.

You could use a bluetooth mouse or touch pad though but I have not tried one yet

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: orange

It was just a suggestion, though do you know if there will be anymore bold series? it's just that touchscreen doesnt attract me if its blackberry because I know android and iPhone probably have the edge but I have a blackberry for the keyboard and bbm. and so does the rest of my friends after the Q and Z series what will be the next series and one last question was the Q5 based on curve series and Q10 based on bold series?

Tupee wrote:

I know android and iPhone probably have the edge

Well, actually, they don't have any 'edge", they do have 10,000 farting apps.

Apple announced last week their latest innovation... creating word and spreadsheet document -- wait for it -- ON the iPhone. Whoa. My BlackBerrys have been doing that for 4+ years. That's their edge.

I don't think you'll see another trackpad BlackBerry. The Q5 will not have it and neither will the late Fall-released A10.

Once you've learned and used the touchscreen on the Q10, you'll wonder why you needed a trackpad.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

well you wont see me with blackberrys then I like the Q10 and all but what im saying some people prefer the trackpad. dont you get it. Im dont dissing blackberry but its fact that iPhone and android are more expierenced in touchscreen and there OS system is more developed it has been proven. though im saying to people who agree with me not to people who have a solution. the person who will have a solution for my problem is the person who can create a track pad c: and from what people tell me they dont get blackberrys for touch screen they get them for the traditional trackpad qwerty keyboards the 9900 and the 9320 are the best examples. Also it's your opinion if blackberry touchscreen is better than trackpad. The thing I will admit though is that blackberry touch screen is as smooth as iPhone or more. Bad side screen not bright enough glitchy bbm and to complicated for begginers like me I hve had my Q10 since ...... uhm.... May something

Contributor

One more thing. hardly anyone uses a spreadhseet document. its not that big of a deal considering you can use a computer plus its not much of an edge if Apple created one :L

Tupee wrote:

One more thing. hardly anyone uses a spreadhseet document.

Hardly anyone in your circle of friends.

Across the world? millions.

Knowledge Base Updates

Tupee wrote:

The thing I will admit though is that blackberry touch screen is as smooth as iPhone or more. Bad side screen not bright enough glitchy bbm and to complicated for begginers like me I hve had my Q10 since ...... uhm.... May something

The gesturing on the Q10 and Z10 usurps anything I've used on iOS.

BBM is glitchy.. how? What?

If you're a beginner, like you say, feel free to ask questions. I think you'll be surprised how fast you'd learn the screen.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I didnt get anything you just said

Tupee wrote:

I didnt get anything you just said

Ok. Scroll up, it's still there, feel free to ask what you don't understand.

Knowledge Base Updates