Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: An Idea For a BlackBerry Q10 Trackpad?

The water droplets are the selection for the copy paste function. You can drag those around where you want them. When you're using the bubble try tapping on the side of the circle that you want to move the cursor. It works quite well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tetsubara
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: STARHUB

I really hope 3rd party app's possible, just like when I first got my Torch, I was on the verge of smashing it when it goes to mute or speaker mode whenever answering a call due to the sensitive screen. I downloaded 'talklock' for 5bucks and it has worked as long as my Torch lasted.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I haven't heard of that being a problem on the Q10.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tessa79
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Safaricom Kenya

[ Edited ]

I hope they have the track pad in future phones - they make it very easy and convenient to use the phone. Hate having to swipe the screen all the time. Was going to buy the Q10 to upgrade from Bold 9900 but having seen my friends phone - I won't be buying it as it is just annoying to use it without the track pad.

Never ever had issues with the track pad on Bold 9900 - have dropped my phone many times - always worked superbly.

Honestly - not having a trackpad on a smartphone with a keyboard is like having a laptop without a mouse/pad. Unfortunately, won't be buying any Blackberry's as much I love them unless upcoming phones have the track pad - I think the track pad was a distinct BlackBerry feature and shouldn't have been removed.

Alot of people using the Q10 - say they miss the track pad and the camera also needs improvement. My Bold 9900 takes better photos than the Q10. And the Bold 9900 also looks much more sleeker than the Q10. Bold 9900 is an excellent phone and the company should look into improving on it as with a few improvements here and there, it would be the perfect phone - has the best of both worlds (keyboard plus touch). For someone like me who hates fully touch phones - this phone is close to best.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No way the 9900 camera is better than the Q10. You might 'think' so, but it's not.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.