Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
velociraptor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

BB 10 - BIS

[ Edited ]

I think many will agree with me:

- BB without BIS is not BB

- BB should implement BIS option in 10 OS

- I hear 100% complains about this,

- BB is known about BIS and reliability in delivering email/calendar/contacst and it was/should be again business phone

- BB is not that in 10 OS - probably huge loss of market share is ahead if this is not addressed....

Please reconsider business strategy. 

Kind regards,

Velociraptor

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BB 10 - BIS

Hello,

Other than you stating "100%", I would have moved along and not replied. But, I will provide you a reason that 100% is not correct.

Here in the USA, BIS plans can cost substantially more than non-BIS plans, and have limits on their data usage. I realize this is different in other markets, but that is how it is in this region. Non-BIS plans can be obtained for significantly less.

Example...the least cost BIS plan I could recently find was US$50 per month, with a limit of 250MB, with substantial penalties for exceeding. For BB10, a non-BIS plan can be obtained for US$30 per month, and with truly unlimited data (5GB at 4G, 3G thereafter, but still unlimited).

So, 100% complaints is what you may have heard to this point...but now you must reduce that, since you have now heard from me.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.