Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

mison2
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 5025093778

BB 10 Q10 Email issues

Hello All,

I am a IT tech for a company which we have completely migrated over to GApps(including email) and we have a few users who have the Q10 and Z10.

The problem we are having with the two devices is at 30 days of syncing the devices email services completely lock up and is no longer function.

The email is still there on the devices and can be viewed however the account is no longer listed on the device and if you attempt to go to settings of the email the phone completely locks up.

All devices are running on ATT and have the latest ATT/BB software 

At this time the only fix I have found to correct this issue is to secure wipe each device and setup again.

Since we are using Gmail , we are using the m.google.com domain to connect the devices in order to receive email like exchange.

I am trying to find out if any other corporation or individual has experienced this same problem.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BB 10 Q10 Email issues

Hey mison2,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you can you provide the software versions of the BlackBerry 10 smartphones? 

Do these users receive an error message for example "Your login information for IMAP server [imap.gmail.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings."?

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
mison2
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 5025093778

Re: BB 10 Q10 Email issues

To answer your questions:

1. Currently I do not have the devices with me so I am not able to get the answer you want for the Software. I do know we have updated each one to the latest available version according to the phones.

2. We are actually connecting through m.google.com which is a exchange connection to Gmail. No errors are received, but the email account has been completely deleted or is hidden on the device. You cannot make any modifications to the email account or add one. The only thing you get is the " Loading " icone just spinning and never goes anywhere.

Please use plain text.