Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
himeshshah
My Device: Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

BB Q10 Different Models.

Which BlackBerry Q10 smartphone SQN100-1 / 2 / 3 / 5 is suitable for India keeping in mind of upcoming 4G services in India. Why?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BB Q10 Different Models.

Hello,

himeshshah wrote:

Which BlackBerry Q10 smartphone SQN100-1 / 2 / 3 / 5 is suitable for India keeping in mind of upcoming 4G services in India.

I've found this site to be very useful to understand the technical differences between the models:

Of course, you need to supplement that with an understanding of the technical nature of the carrier network on which you desire to operate the device...but that's a discussion you'd be best off to have with those carriers, since it's their networks.

himeshshah wrote:

Why?

Hmmm...I'm not quite sure how to answer that. There are multiple models simply because there are too many different radio frequency/technologies in the world to allow making one device that can truly work on all networks in the world...it would have to be so physically large that no one would buy it. Instead, all mobile manufacturers must make multiple models, each with a subset of radio frequency/technology support. It's just the nature of our diverse technology world.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
himeshshah
My Device: Curve 8520

@ sdgardne :

Appreciate for your quick & correct answer.

Out of all Q10 Models, which one accepts all Frequencies or maximum number of frequencies?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

himeshshah wrote:

Out of all Q10 Models, which one accepts all Frequencies

None.

himeshshah wrote:

Out of all Q10 Models, which one accepts ... maximum number of frequencies?

You can see that in the link I provided and make your own evaluation. But from what you say you need, it's not relevant. Rather, you need to talk to the carrier on which you plan to operate this device and find out what their specific network technology/frequency is (or, if you are wanting future compatibility, what their network "will be" at the time you will plan to use it). Then, compare what their network does against the models of device available...choosing the one that is compatible.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.