Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
poypoy
My Device: Q10/Z10/Z30 10.2.1.2102

BB Q10 Issue with contacts sync (Exchange 2010)

Hello,

I just wanted to report a strange thing happening with a BB Q10 OS Version 10.1.0.4181. The device is currently syncing 2 accounts. One being the user account with everything sync and one being a shared mailbox containing all company contacts.

This account had an issue last week and we had to do some cleaning on the contacts folder. FYI, that mailbox contains 7000 contacts, so it takes quite a lot of time to sync all of the contacts but it does work.

To avoid any issue, we removed that account and readded it... since then, the BB Q10 got crazy! Now all the contacts in BBQ10 appears 3,4 times. I removed that sync, restarted the device and the contacts were still there!

I removed all sync contacts, rebooted the device (battery pull) and everything appeared empty. I've resync the user's contact only and bammm, everything came back again...

Now, next step will be to do a full reset of the device but if I've to do that each time such thing appears, that's a pain...

Any suggestion on how to quickly fix this?

Regards