Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
kalliopp
My Device: Blackberry Q10 SQN100-3
Accepted Solution

BB Q10 - No LTE selection and no Slovak language

Hello,
I bought BB Q10 SQN100-3 from Slovak Telekom (T-Mobile Slovakia). In the Network Mode I have only 3G&2G, 3G,2G options but no 4G option. When I was in the Prague and in Wienna with excellent LTE coverage I was not able to find LTE networks. How can I enable 4G LTE connection? Is it OK there is no 4G option?
My BB Q10 does not have Slovak language in the Language option (Czech is supported). This model is officially sold in Slovakia and I mean It should support the official language. Is it OK there is no support of Slovak language?
Thanks.
Kalliopp
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB Q10 - No LTE selection and no Slovak language

Hello kalliopp and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

To clarify, when you are in Settings>Network Connections>Mobile Network, under Network Technology, you do not see an option LTE? Have you confirmed with your mobile provider that they offer LTE networks as each mobile service provider decides what network services to offer?

Are you roaming from your mobile carrier or using a local carrier SIM? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
konfliker21
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi, you does not answered on whole user's question - So, I ask you one more: Why BB 10 OS not supported slovak language? Will it update in future?
Contributor
kalliopp

Hello,
when I am in Settings>Network Connections>Mobile Network, under Network Technology, I am not see an option LTE/4G, only 2G,3G,2G&3G. My network uperator does not support LTE network yet. I mean when I am roam in 4G/LTE coverage, for example in Vienna(Austria), I should manually find 4G/LTE network visible, but my Q10 is not able to find one, only 2G/3G. Why
my BB Q10 does not support Slovak language in the Language option?
Thanks.
Retired
hmthepirate

You need a SIM card that has LTE/4G capability, even when roaming. Since your mobile provider does not support this network technology, your SIM card wouldn't have the ability to use these networks.

You would need to get a SIM card from the local mobile carrier who does have LTE/4G to use this network.

As for the Slovak language, currently not all languages are supported on the BlackBerry 10 platform. If you don't see it as an option for selecting, it's not currently available.

Let me know if this helps to clarify.

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
konfliker21
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Thank you for quick answer.
Contributor
kalliopp

I have a new question. I read in another theme on this forum that some users have problems with MMS (MMSC settings are not visible). I discovered that I have the same problem. My latest software release is 10.1.0.238 and it is the latest version. Some users already have new version (10.1.0.4181). When will I get the newest one?
Retired
hmthepirate

Hi kalliopp,

Software updates are released at your mobile service providers discretion. You will need to contact them to inquire about this update.

Regarding your MMS issue, it's recommended you contact your mobile service provider to investigate issues sending/receiving MMS.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Contributor
kalliopp

Hello hmthepirate,
yesterday I updated my Q10 with new SW update. This update solved all MMS problems. MMS issues was not caused by my mobile carrier. After updated I realised that in the mobile network I am not able to see mobile technology. There is only Network mode. I posted about this in the another post here in BlackBerry support forum.