Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
kjmccann
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Bell

BB Q10 bluetooth connection issue

I recently upgraded from a BB Torch to a Q10.  I was able to transfer all of my contacts to the new phone without a problem.  When I call a phone number that has an extension, it works flawlessly when called by the phone.  If I use my bluetooth connection, it does not wait 3 seconds to receive the extension number.  I have tried setting up the phone for smart dialing and used both an 'x' or a 'p' for the office extension access number, and set the pause at both 3 or 7 seconds, and in all cases, the bluetooth placed call does not pause for the extension, and simply dials 14 numbers in a row, and thus the call is not connected.  The bluetooth connection works with my old Torch, and my wife's Bold.  Any suggestions.  The car bluetooth that I am using is the Mercedes Benz in the 2012 E350.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kjmccann
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB Q10 bluetooth connection issue

I am a little perturbed over the response to my request for information regarding my lack of Bluetooth connectivity between my Q10 and my Mercedes Benz.  Bluetooth connectivity was available with my Torch and my wife's Bold.  It is not fully functional with my new Q10.  What has changed?  The phone.  There is obviously an issue between the new phone and the vehicle's bluetooth.  I am unhappy with the suggestion that I talk to my carrier...they do not have a clue how to fix the problem.  Blackberry suggests that I speak to my carrier.  This is not a fix!  The latest suggestion is that I contact Mercedes Benz to get them to fix the problem.  The problem is not with the car.  The problem is is the new operating system.  Someone, please step up to the plate and try to hit the ball out of the park!!  Living in Waterloo, ON, I have been a stanch supporter of local businesses such as RIM/Blackberry.  Prove me right for supporting you for so many years.

Please use plain text.