Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
BBQ10
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Airtel

BB Q10 missing features

HI,

Pls provide solutions for below problems on BB Q 10:

1. In BBM of Q10, is there any option to ungorup active chats permanently i.e. seperate individual and group chats. We can opt from above to see separate chats in active chats but once the BBM restarted the active chats again combined?

2. Any passcode lock option in BB 10?

3. Any option to combine calender reminders in HUB?

4. Seperate indicator options for BBM individual chats and group chats?

5. Can we downgrade from BB 10 to BB 7 back?

6. If we change simcard in abroad, the BBM and other settings remain same? When we change simcard in old BB 7 devices, we have to changes device from BIS servers. As i read in other forums that BB 10 runs on a normal internet plan.

Right now these are the problems for which we need solutions. As I explore more or BB 10 , will post more queries.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB Q10 missing features

Hello,

I don't know all of the answers to your questions, but here's what I do know...

BBQ10 wrote:

2. Any passcode lock option in BB 10?

Yes. Settings > Security > Device Password.

BBQ10 wrote:

5. Can we downgrade from BB 10 to BB 7 back?

No. BB10 is a totally different OS from legacy and they are not interchangeable. Further, the BB10 hardware is totally different from legacy, and legacy OS's cannot function on BB10 devices.

BBQ10 wrote:

6. If we change simcard in abroad, the BBM and other settings remain same? When we change simcard in old BB 7 devices, we have to changes device from BIS servers. As i read in other forums that BB 10 runs on a normal internet plan.

BB10 does not use BIS. Rather, it uses only BB ID as the link between the device and your various BB proprietary services, including BBM. So, as long as you have a generic data plan on the device, regardless of the carrier it is provided by, and you use the same BB ID, then you BBM services will continue to function with no differences. There may be some cases where this does not hold true...if a carrier has on network configuration for BB services at all, then it's possible that a BB10 device won't be able to properly function. But I think that most carriers generic data plans can allow a BB10 device to run just fine.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.