Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Macgiver
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB Q10 sync with Lotus Notes contacts and calendar

I had a BB Bold and manage to sync contacts and calendar with my Lotus Notes software.

Now I can  do that with with BB Q10. Anybody knows why? There is any solution for this problem? 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB Q10 sync with Lotus Notes contacts and calendar

Hello,

If you are asking about tethered (USB) sync, then nope...refer:

If you can synchronize from your desktop Lotus Notes to some server on the Internet (e.g., Outlook.com), then you can integrate your Q10 against that server, and allow it to be an OTA intermediary between your desktop and your device. But I have no idea if Lotus Notes is capable of that or not.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Macgiver
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you for your help. I suspected that might not work with Lotus Notes.

Is there any news that Blackberry will work on this? Or have any interest on it?

Otherwise i will have to change phone and go to one that works with LN.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

As a user-to-user community, we have very little (really, none) official information regarding anything "forward looking". Since they used to support Notes with pre-BB Desktop Software, it's reasonable to assume that they might want to return that support to LINK/BB10. But, with all of the turmoil around trying to save the company, I'd not expect anything soon.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nikhilsays
My Carrier: 0488110084

Hello There,

Is there any update to this thread - i am new BB10, Q10 user looking to sync lotus notes calenders and emails on myphone. I do not have a BES/BIS server. 

Is there a way for me to sync emails/calendar entries to my phone? Please assist ASAP

Rgds Nik

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

nikhilsays wrote:

Hello There,

Is there any update to this thread - i am new BB10, Q10 user looking to sync lotus notes calenders and emails on myphone. I do not have a BES/BIS server. 

Is there a way for me to sync emails/calendar entries to my phone? Please assist ASAP

Rgds Nik

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you are asking about USB tether sync, then any updates will be released by BlackBerry, by virtue of updating the page linked in post 2 above. If you are asking about an OTA method, then it all depends on what your Lotus Notes server faces to the Internet.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nikhilsays

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I was able to sync my lotus notes calendar and contacts using BB Desktop s/w earlier, however that feature is now not available in BB Link - i.e i can only sync "what is known as Windows Contacts" . There is no way perhaps that I can figure out where I can sync calendar entries from Lotus notes to a Blackberry Device Calendar (Q10).

I do not have a BIS/BES server. Hence was wondering what is required for me to enable syncing of my lotus notes calender via the Blackbery Link

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

And the link I mentioned, in post 2 above, documents exactly the compatibility between the LINK software and whatever desktop organizer apps. Which, when I read it, does not include Lotus NOTES. Hence, via LINK, you cannot do what you desire.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nikhilsays

Yes thanks - Figured that out..

Hence now the obvious Q - is there any other way or any way via which I can do it ?

Rgds Nik

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

None that I know of. BB was rather "forced" into providing USB sync between BB10 devices and Outlook, and does not seem to be advancing beyond Outlook to others. Instead, my belief is that BB has intentionally focused on using "the cloud" as the intermediary between the PC and the mobile device. With the right services, you can sync your desktop calendar, contacts, and email against some email server(s) and then also sync your BB10 device against those same servers OTA. Hence, eliminating the need to direct USB sync between the PC and the mobile device. Many disagree with that approach...but that disagreement does nothing to change the way things are.

If you must use a local Lotus NOTES app, then I'd suggest figuring out a way to get it to sync to some email server on the Internet, and then get your Q10 to also sync to that service. I've no idea what internet services might integrate to desktop NOTES.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.