Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

BB10, Q10 issues ! Please recognize

Hello, 

I am sure all of these have been mentioned in other posts,

But here goes.

I understand that there was probably alot of work migrating all the standard bb stuff to the 10 platform, so I am not mad, really, just frustrated that 2 updates go by and now my screen is white instead of black. No other changes that are useful.

Also like to note I use the Q10, I assume same issues exist to all users on all bb10 devices

In no particular order.

- in bbm , and text windows, there is a redundant row of icons at bottom of screen just above keyboard. This is useless, all it does is take up screen space, or pop up annoying attachement or contact screens when my thumb reaches a bit too high. There are the 3 dots to the right that open up for all these anyway, so why clutter screen? also why need 3 dots, a swipe right to left seems logical to open that options screen given the swipe factor of bb10. 

- old bb used to be able to shift and hold a key ex. shift+b = !!!!!!! , now it doesn't do that you have to hit the button each time

-old bbm , shift+del would erase entire message typed, not aymore

-Phone randomly reboots, could be a defect and just need fixing or replacing...

-text messages often lag to load 

- can't send videos, the cam will not record in a format suitable for sending over bbm

-in bbm, if you send a message then let a few minutes lapse and send another, it starts a new chat bubble, this often bumps the messages up on the receivers screen and often looks as though the last message bubble is the only message when there could be six unread msgs above. If it were all in the same bubble the user would know that there is more to scroll up to, time stamps alone would indicate the time lapses. i often mis msgs because the most recent chat bubble is the only one that looks like is there.

- Suggestion. when a msg is read, you should have a way to have the time update to when it was read, or touch the time to see when it was read.

- twitter, this may not be you directly, when I open twitter, I have to manually scroll to the top to get recent tweets, it always is left off where i stopped reading.

- sometimes when bbm msg is long, it jumps to random points in the msg till i delete msg. 

- Ever since the second last os update, i get random double presses when typing , and auto correct isn't smart enough to correct it.

That is all I can think of for now, I will be more than impressed if this gets a response let alone action.

Thank you for listening.

James 

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB10, Q10 issues ! Please recognize

lol, here's your response. Points.

Some of those issues are just knowing the shortcut, some are fixed in later releases and some remain an issue (and some will probably not come anytime soon).

In the native twitter app, tap the home icon to instantly go to the most recent of your twitter feed.

No way to delete the entire message in BBM, but remember a one finger leftward swipe deletes the last word, two fingers delete the last two words.

I don't understand why you can't record videos.

The random rebooting... odd. Not common, but I'd place folded piece of paper or business card over the battery and replace the backcover and see if that helps hold the battery in place (should that be the issue).

What OS is loaded to your device?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

Please send an email with all the suggestions to blackberry development this would help alot!
New Contributor

Do you have an address for developement?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the response, 

Twitter button helpful ty.

swiping to delete doesn't work on Q10 or I am doing it wrong.

If the rebooting keeps up, I will try the business card trick to identify, then I will bring it in for service as this isn't a suitable fix imo.

I CAN record videos, just the phone takes too high of quality to send them to anyone. there is no option for low res.

Thanks again

You're not a developer,. I don't know what he's suggesting. Seems he's just post-bloating.

Swiping to delete does work on the Q10. One finger across the screen from right to left.

What OS is installed?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

OS 10.2.0.1791

I can't get the swipe to delete to work , the compose window is small to i have to tap then swipe? how do you use 2 fingers in there?

I hate the row of useless shortcuts!!! 

lol thx!

No tapping. Just after you've typed in a few words and say you want the last word deleted, just swipe from right to left across the input area. [ <<< ----<<<<]  in that direction.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

not working...
it feels like my touch is out of calibration , is there a way to calibrate it?
when i swipe, nothing happens, or the magnifier shows up and just gets moved to beginning of input window.

with no magnifyer on the text enty area just swipe left. quickly.

Knowledge Base Updates