Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
NishaM27
My Device: Q10

BBM Profile Pix Updates

Hi, I've changed my profile pix on my bbm but none of my contacts are able to see the change. This applies to their pix as well. Most of us are unable to view the latest pix updates. Pls help us fix this.

Super Contributor
darocker077
My Device: Xperia Ray

Re: BBM Profile Pix Updates

Assuming, you can change your BBM DP (display picture) but your friends cannot see.. or vise versa... this has nothing to do with you.. it may take quiet a whil to sync with BB servers.. I just found this link here says the same but too old..

If you don't mind can you please specify the time period.. like how long now since the change?

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
New Contributor
NishaM27

Hi, Thanks for replying. It's been 3 days since the change. Some of my friends have been trying to change their pix for 2 weeks and yet we are unable to view it. All of us are using the Q10. Thanks

Trusted Contributor
rambo47
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

This sounds like a carrier problem. I have the Q10 on Verizon and my picture/update changes go out immediately and my contacts all see it. Likewise, I'm notified immediately when they make changes to their own profiles. 

New Contributor
v3r4_77

This is not a carrier problem since both my husband and I are using Q10 with same carrier. He has the profile picture problem, while I don't.

I have been looking for the answers to this problem too. Anyone can help?

New Contributor
NishaM27

Definitely, not a carrier problem as i had called them to check if they know what's happening and they were unable to help. Besides, most of my contacts are from different carriers and the updates works for some, and not so much for the rest.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It's primarily an issue in the Indonesia/Maylasia, Pacific area, with BBM servers not pushing out the BBM avatar picture updates... you can always try this:  go to your BBM profile and make a small charge to your BBM name.. add a character, even a simple dot or period, and save. Often that will initiate a sever sync of your picture along with the name update.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
NishaM27

Hi, thanks for this. Have tried doing what you suggested. However, there's no change. The status and bbm name shows the changes but the picture remains unchanged.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The picture remains the same ON your own device, even after changing it?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
NishaM27

No, not on my device. My device shows the change. But my contacts are the ones who are unable to see the change.