If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Ghulaita
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Du

BBM freezes in my new Q10

I got a new Q10 and on the 1st day i was on BBM and I touched the profile bar on the top and it just froze and I waited for couple minutes and nothing changed.

I've tried closing it and re-opening it again , restart the device , security-wipe, restore to factory settings through BlackBerry Links ...
and nothing worked

Please help to fix it
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
techahead
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: BBM freezes in my new Q10

Were you using BBM via the Hub or via the BBM app?
Did you try to swipe up from bottom or in from sides to get out of that screen?

What were you trying to do when you tapped the top banner?

You can try a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.
That's typically the first troubleshooting to try when you have random weirdness.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ghulaita
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Du

I am opening it from the app itself. I tried all of what you mentioned above but nothing worked.

The BBM freezes only when I try to update my profile. I swipe out close it and then open it again, it workes fine but freezes only when I attempt to update my profile.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
3bdelr7man
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

I have the same problem
Please use plain text.