Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Oceanauto
My Device: Q10

BBM problem with specific contacts

I recently upgraded from a 9700 to a Q10. In general I am very happy with the Q10 but I now have a strange problem with BBM and PIN with two speciffic contacts. Basically the two contacts that I message the most (my Wife & Daughter).

I am able to send them BBM and PIN messages. They receive and I get the D. However I do not get the R when they have read and I do not not receive their replies. I tried to delete them and re-add as contacts however while they can receive my invitations and accept, the invitation remains pending. If they send me an invitation I do not receive it.

They are both using 8520's with 6.2.0.44 BBM

I have no problems with all other BBM contacts and they also have no problems with their other BBM contacts.

Has anybody else faced a similar problem and managed to solve it? Appreciate if somebody could help as it is very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BBM problem with specific contacts

Hi Oceanauto and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

To clarify, it appears that only messages between you and your Wife and Daughter, seem to be effected? Have them remove you from their BBM list completely then have them invite you to BBM.

Also, am I safe to assume you are all connected with the same wireless network provider?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Oceanauto

Hi Cpt_Sweatpants,

Thanks for the reply.

They had removed me from their BBM contacts. When they try to invite me I do not receive the invites. I checked to see if I had somehow blocked them by mistake however I have no blocked contacts listed.

Regarding the wireless network, yes we are all on the local provider in the UAE (Etisalat) for wireless and Blackberry services.

There were no issues when I was using the 9700. Only since I switched to Q10 a few days ago. 

Thanks

Oceanauto

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Would you mind sending me all 3 PINs via private message? I would like to take a look to make sure the services are configured correctly.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Romini
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: gt&t

same problem...one contact messages not being received by me...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Oceanauto

Hi Romini.

To solve the problem we had to security wipe the unit running older BB software. I believe this is a known issue. The below link refers

http://http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB34245&slice...

Not ideal as the person who has to wipe will probably not be happy however hopefully it solves your problem

Thanks

Oceanauto

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Oceanauto

Romini,

It looks like th elink doesn't work. Not sure why.

Anyway it is article KB34245 in the Blackberry knowledge base

Thanks

Oceanauto

Please use plain text.
Developer
svmrajesh
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Restart and remove baterry.. Then try again.. because update may not configure properly..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

*************Plese *********LIKE**** & ****ACCEPT as Solution*** If you got suggestion for your Query.

@RAJESH SVM ----- Blackberry Mobile App Developer, Blaze, India.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Romini
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: gt&t

thanks....the link doesnt open
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rambo47
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 & Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

While I have not experience this problem myself as I am on Verizon in the U.S., I have heard of this problem before. It appears the root cause is that many carriers do not yet fully support BB10 (even though they claim they do). BB10 devices do not use BIS, the system many carriers still rely upon for their BlackBerry devices. This is a whole new ballgame with the Q10/Z10/Q5, and despite claims to the contrary, many carriers are not up to speed yet on supporting the new system properly. Hence the need to wipe/restore to get proper provisioning. 

Please use plain text.