If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Benjaminmartillo
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Battery problems after update to 10.1.0.4181

I have updated my Q10 firmware to 4181 through wifi. Battery life is terribly short after the update, for example the device does not make it through the night with 30 percent battery left when going to sleep and put into standby. Battery is also getting hot at times. None of this experienced with a previous version. Have updated 4 days ago. Any idea how to fix it? Can I downgrade?
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Battery problems after update to 10.1.0.4181

You can downgrade using an autoloader or if you're feeling experimental maybe try one of the leaked 10.2 OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/all-encompassing-beta-leak-os-thread-812620/

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

In addition to BBSJdev's suggestion, keep in mind that sometimes a new OS needs time to adapt. I've seen many battery issues disappear after a few days of installing a new OS, issues that arrived only after the new OS was installed.

I say give it a day or two. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
typeo
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Any update on this issue? I saw exactly the same behaviour with my Q10. I thought it was a problem app however even after uninstalling one app at a time over a few days things still didn't improve. I ended up reloading the O/S, curiously enough when I went to do this only the previous O/S version was available for installation. It appears this version of the O/S was temporarily removed for downloading. Since running the older version my Q10 has been fine but has since started prompting to update to 4181 again. I'm reluctant to run the upgrade again especially if I won't be able to downgrade to a known good version.

Please use plain text.
aseelessam
My Device: z10
My Carrier: STC

i have the same problem after downloading the update any solutions other than downgrading the software?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sum_sin
My Device: z10
My Carrier: airtel

Benajamin,

A lot of us faced the same problem, the solution to this problem is;

1. Put your device on charging (use original charger provided with the device).

2. While your phone is connected & getting charged take off the battery & then SIM card & Micro SD card (if any). please note you need to do all this with your phone connected to the charger. 

3. After taking out every this, hold the power key on your device - the red LED will blink for 5 sec & will go off & your device will show "no battery' icon. Wait for a minute.

4. After a min or 2 put in ur SIM & Micro SD cards & your battery. 

this will sort out your problem & you will experience optimum battery life & the battery heating up issue will also be gone.

In case you find this helpfull, do like my post.

cheers

Please use plain text.