Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
bvaghjiani
My Device: Blackberry 9700
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Q10 delete on Mailbox

My Director, wants to delete emails from handheld and they should not be received in microsoft outlook or Gmail server, he has purchased Blackberry Q10, he is on Gmail account, as on the previous Blackberry bold 9900 he used to delete a particular message and bb will show whether to delete from Handheld or Mailbox and you choose Mailbox and the message will not be received or downloaded in Microsoft Outlook. your help is highly appreciated.

As the current way he is getting emails on both blackberry and Microsoft Outlook.

Your support is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Bipin Vaghjiani

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Q10 delete on Mailbox

The current BlackBerry10 OS does not allow for deletion on handheld only.

BlackBerry10 features ActiveSync of your emails with your email server. Basically, that is to "mirror" what is on your server. Delete on the server is a delete on the handheld, and to delete on the handheld deletes on the server.

You might investigate using the FILE function on the Q10, to file the email in a different folder on the email server and then on the Q10 selecting to hide filed messages.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.