Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
Posie888
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Globe

Blackberry 10 blackhole in SMS: slow to appear and disappearing messages sent via sms

hi. i and my friends are z10 and q10 users. two of us are really heavy phone users because of our work. most of the time, we have to communicate with several people fast at the same time. we've noticed the following problems - 1) we've noticed that when we get to a point when several messages are coming in from the different messaging apps and it coincides to when we just sent a sms, said message literally disappears - it doesn't get received by the recipient, and neither does it appear in the conversation thread. when that starts to happen, whatever i type and send just goes nowhere. however, for some reason, when i highlight the message that i will send, it will go through and, i guess, "closes the blackhole" and messages get sent and are recorded again in the conversation thread. perhaps blackberry can fix things such that we won't have to lose messages to "blackholes" again 2) i've been using my q10 since 2nd week of june. i've noticed that over time, the messages i type in sms section seem to take longer and longer to appear in the screen. and when it appears is the only time when it starts to send the message, which happens faster. so if i close my phone (or even just the "chat" or conversation thread with my contact to open another conversation thread with another contact) before the text i typed appeared on the screen, it doesn't get sent until i open my phone or the said conversation thread again. this is very inconvenient especially when i'm in a hurry. now, the longest it's taken for the text to appear on the screen is around 10 seconds. i've tried to find ways to speed-up the appearance of the text but have been unsuccessful so far. i know it's not a network problem since such lag also happened when i was in other countries and used local prepaid accounts in the same phone. I hope blackberry can find tech people who can help fix these things. we really love blackberry and it would be such a shame to lose it.
Please use plain text.
JPBalboa
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Blackberry 10 blackhole in SMS: slow to appear and disappearing messages sent via sms

I have to reboot my Q10 every now and then just to get incoming sms on time. This lag happened after i updated to the latest OS.

I reported to the carrier and there are no reported issues on their side. I tried soft reboot, and even removing the battery. The problem still persists and has been going on for almost a week now.

Hope i can get tips on how to resole this issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mafienzo
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry 10 blackhole in SMS: slow to appear and disappearing messages sent via sms

Same issue here on my Q5. Same problem occured with the 10.1 os that come with my one month old Q5 and now that I have upgraded to 10.1, the same problem is still there. It takes time to appear and to disappear. 15-20 seconds. Just with SMS/MMS.

Also, the Calendar is a mess. It does not stop making mistakes such as appearing in wrong dates....

I had none of these issues with my old Curve 9300.

Please use plain text.