Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Theoldblackrum
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

Blackberry ID/Password Reset/Password Recovery Issues

Picked up new Q10, upgraded from my Bold.  Carrier is MTS in Manitoba.

Tried to sign in with my BlackBerry ID, does not accept password. 

Tried the password recovery, does not accept security question answer.

Have locked my Blackberry ID a few times now in several attempts.

Also tried re-signing up with my current email, which of course it bounced out because there is already a Blackberry ID associated with that email.

Could use an old email to re-sign up, but really don't feel like losing some of my BBM contacts and having to re-add them manually from my old phone.

Thanks in advance for any help.

New Contributor
Theoldblackrum

Re: Blackberry ID/Password Reset/Password Recovery Issues

Issue has been resolved.

Izabelb
My Device: Z10

How was it solved? I have exactly the same problem.

Noach
My Device: bold 9900

Bro I have the exact same problem I forgot my pass and the answer to my security question it says on the phone that I can resolve it on the computer without knowing any of the two answers however on the computer it asks the answer to my secret question as well,

so how did you resolve this problem?
New Contributor
Theoldblackrum

Dumb luck.  I rifled through all of my old password files and found I wasn't capitalizing some of the password. 

I know that doesn't help you much, but my next step was to phone customer service and see if they had any bright ideas.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Noach wrote:
Bro I have the exact same problem I forgot my pass and the answer to my security question it says on the phone that I can resolve it on the computer without knowing any of the two answers however on the computer it asks the answer to my secret question as well,

so how did you resolve this problem?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you. When you read very carefully, you will find a section that directly applies to what you report...along with a remedy. However, that remedy contains a very specific prerequisite...if you do not meet that, then you will have no choice but to seek human support (also documented in that thread).

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code