Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
dominikd
My Device: Blackberry Q10
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Protect won't recognize my BlackBerry Q10 !

Hi,

I always had BlackBerry Protect turned on but I never checked it. Until I wanted to delete my previous device from my account so a few days ago I got on the website and I found out that BBProtect doesn't recognize my new device. I tried many ways to fix it but nothing works. I live in Poland my network provider is (P4) Play but I brought my BB from Canada (Koodo) this summer.

Thank you for help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry Protect won't recognize my BlackBerry Q10 !

Hello Dominikd,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your inquiry about your BlackBerry Q10 smartphone.
Can you tell us if your BlackBerry Q10 smartphone is unlocked and able to use your current wireless service provider's network? Are you able to use the browser and BBM?
For more information, please reference following link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03889
This information will assist us in helping you resolve the issue.

Thank you

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dominikd

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
My BlackBerry is unlocked and everything works fine. I can use the browser, BBM and BBM Voice.
After exchanging a couple of Twitter messages with @BlackBerryHelp I was told to reinsert my baterry and re-register on the wireless network but it did not help. I will contact my service provider to resolve this problem .

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Have you turned on BB Protect in the device settings?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dominikd

Of course I have. I did it after linking my BlackBerry ID with my new device .

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Try turning it off, exiting out of the settings menu and then go back and turn it on again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dominikd

I did it more than ten times , I also tried turning off BBProtect restaring device and turning it back on but nothing works. Is there a way to reinstall BBProtect or maybe I should update my software to 10.2 ?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

At this point I would contact your carrier and have them escalate you to BlackBerry. That is how support works. If they refuse then talk to a supervisor as that is what they are supposed to do.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dominikd

Hi,

I have contacted my carrier and after a long while they contacted their BlackBerry services department. In that deparment they told me they don't take any responsibility for BlackBerry application which weren't made by them. They refused to contact BlackBerry and told me to do it by myself although I explained they are the only people who can reach to BlackBerry.
Is there any way to reach BlackBerry help centre besides Twitter or carrier ?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Unfortunately, they are lying to you. That is the only way to get support directly from BlackBerry. It is a problem we see all too often that carriers refuse to do what they have agreed to do when they signed their contracts with BB to sell their devices.
Please use plain text.