Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
Jan19
My Device: Q10

Blackberry Protect

OK, so am getting there slowly with new Q10, device switch and link didn't go to well but seem to have got there another way.   I have three questions please:-

1.  I can't get Blackberry Protect to work.  Just says is unavailable and to try later.  My locations are switched on.

2.  On my old Curve I managed to change the $ key to a GBP£ but can't remember how.  Any help please?

3.  My Q10 was a gift.  I beleive it was a Press Gift to a journalist on product launch and he prefers another brand so passed it on.  The box was sealed but no warranty information.  How do I register for manufacturers warranty?  Web site is a nightmare, says contact retailer but as it was a gift as far as I am concerned there was no retailer.

JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Protect

[ Edited ]

1. At your main Settings > BlackBerryID, are you logged in there?

2. Do you have your Q10 set to English (UK) as the language?

3. No warranty, sorry.It was a gift probably from a launch. A gift is a gift, you didn't purchase anything. The warranty is covered and service by the authorized seller.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Jan19

Thanks for response, yes I am logged in with my Blackberry ID.

Disappointed about warranty and poor service from BB/RIM.  If I got a camera or whatever as a gift there would be a card in the box as a way of registering for a warranty.  There must be people that are buying these promotional handouts from the people that didn't want them or others winning in competitions.  There should be a way to register online for a warranty.

Contributor
Jan19

Yes English UK is selected. $ key still gives $ not £.
New Contributor
icemate11
My Device: Not Specified

Hey Jan. I have the same $ issue and i've had 4 replacements, its a flaw that I think blackberry need to fix. Blackberry 10 phones havent been linked to blackberry protect either, you can just view them from the site. Best to do lots of backups via a pc. Re the warranty, I had the same problem with my old phone as I was out of contract, o2 would send my phone to be fixed and then its down to blackberry if they will charge or not. Hope this helps somewhat.
JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

There currently is not a way to set as default the British pound symbol on the Q10.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code