Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
IRBB1998
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Q 10 synch with Outlook PC Client

[ Edited ]

well.. after seeing the horrific stories about not syncing withthe PC Client OUtlook, i was agreeably suprised to see my Outlook calanedar appear on my Q10  and, low and behold, my contacts also appear (or so i thought). I used Blackberry link v 1.1.26 ( although the website calls it .32).

However, since the original load, despite the setting of "2 way synch" ,

`1) new contacts in the bb10 arrive in outlook but new contacts in outlook don't arrive in BB10.

2) new calendar appt in either Q10 nor outlook don't now sync

and most grieving of all, my 7000 plud contacts dont appear when i search for them ( including my own contact info!!) however, if i happen to type in my cell number when in the telehone call section, low and behold it finds me and shows my complete information. but try to look up me or my mother? cant find me.

I am a faithfuull Blackberry user since 1998 and only strayed recently for 3 months with a Samsung S3. ( Hated it)   Please forgive me and help me out.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Q 10 synch with Outlook PC Client

Hi IRBB1998 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Just to verify your contacts don't exist on your BlackBerry Q10, go into your Address Book, swipe down from the top and choose Settings. Make sure all of your Accounts are switched on here.  If an Account is not switched to On, they will not appear in your contact list.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AustiniterTX
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

CptS: Contact linking and synchronisation with Outlook needs to be improved BADLY and QUICKLY! Also Calendar does not synchronize yet with Weblink. This is horrible for us business people which need to sync contacts and calendars. Why would BB ever release a product not having these two ingredients fully implemented and fixed? Synchronisation in general is inferior to what was available with v6 and v7 of the OS, where we could review and confirm the synchronisation changes that were going to be made. I have been unable to get Wi-Fi synchronisation working at all. Loyal Blackberry user however BB really needs to work diligently on getting SYNC updated and moving forward as too many LOYAL BB user's are looking for alternatives. Please relay this to the technical people within BB. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

Hi AustiniterTX,

I would think that the powers that be at BlackBerry are very well aware of our Outlook frustrations. Even the new Link features added are only good for an initial sync. After that, since there is no specific item on-the-fly decision making, it is useless and the only choice is to use a general setting to change nothing when there is a conflict. Otherwise, how do we know if the BB10 device has the newer information or Outlook. For some items it's my Q10, for others it's Outlook. 

The good news is that there are some excellent work-arounds that we can use which require no work at all to sync. The answer lies in using Outlook's export features to move contact and calendar data to Outlook.Com or Gmail. I have heard different things from different people about which is superior. I believe that the consensus is Outlook.Com. Once in Outlook.Com or Gmail, you add those accounts to Outlook and they automatically sync in the background so that your device is always up to date. It does take a short bit of time (maybe an hour at most I believe) for some of these items to sync. There is an excellent article here posted by one of the regular moderators/admins with step by step instructions.

The other alternative is to get Microsoft 365, which gives you Exchange support and is lightening fast, but that's not free. You can, however, try it out for a month. 

Take care,

Sheldon

Twitter: @sheldonbk
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk

I don't know offhand where the article posted in the Support Forums is but this is from the BlackBerry Blogs...

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/how-to-setup-outlook-to-wirelessly-synchronize-your-contacts-...

If you have Outlook 2013 like I do, you don't need Outlook Connector. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk

One last link... this one to the excellent article posted here by one of the regular experts, sdgardne. This article is truly a gold mine and realy helped me so the least I can do is to pass it on to others. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/How-To-OTA-Sync-BB10-and-non...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IRBB1998
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: ATT

Thanks. You were right. Despite wherever I keep my contacts or calendar in MS outlook I had to show the sour ce as "BlackBerry link" . Now everything from the original load shows up. 

But, of course there is no 2 way synch for updates either through wireless or Usb cable. The BlackBerry LINK ap does recognize the Q10 as connected wirelessly, seems busy, buit clearly not updating contacts or calendar. Anyone know what it's actually doing? And has anyone got any better explanation from BlackBerry themselves?  

Please use plain text.