Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Blackberry Q10 - endless stupid problems

I have had almost nothing but problems with this phone. I am getting really sick of it. NOW, Blackberry LInk (a really badly designed, fussy piece of software anyway) is randomly loading files I haven't asked it to do. Twice tonight I have had to clear out obscure documents on my PC that it has just chucked in without rhyme or reason. I have already disabled Contacts and Calendar synch as it messed all that up too, after I had to get third party software for this vital task because at first Blackberry had miserably failed to provide any. Can I please get some help from you RIM? Or is your death wish so pronounced you don't care any more? And DON'T refer me to EE, my service provider - they're not up to the task either.

Rob White.

Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Q10 - endless stupid problems

I hope you understand This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

For your problem with Link, you need to set Link NOT so sync your device media with your desktop PC. It will do so automatically otherwise, if that is what you mean by it is "loading files I haven't asked it to do".

Or, where is Link 'chucking' in these documents from, you don't want to see?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I understand all that. Just thought RIM might like to help their customers..? Maybe...? Or maybe not.
Link isn't fully automatic - you have to select going PC > device. Just as well as it appears to offer everything you've got on your PC.
The documents are coming randomly from My Documents, some of them years old. That is completely nuts. I've done all the settings - and blocked Contacts and Calendar, which LInk made an unholy mess of. Thanks for replying anyway.

rfswhite wrote:
I understand all that. Just thought RIM might like to help their customers..? Maybe...? Or maybe not.

I guess you don't understand it, if you say you understand this is user-to-user community and still expect help from RIM employees in here.

Blocking contacts and calendar has nothing to do with the media syncing of videos, documents, pictures and music. Those are two different functions (contacts/calendar vs. media sync).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yeah actually I do understand it. You yourself said that RIM employees occasionally look in and comment, didn't you? Well they're not looking now. I've just tried using Link to synchronize contacts and calendar (which it is now supposed to do.). It's failed completely - despite all correct settings - to load anything at all (I'd cleaned out to start again because of the repeated corruptions in Contact files, 100 last time round - that I could find.) None of this answers the key question, though (which you obviously aren't there to deal with) why do RIM leave their customers to twist in the wind when there are problems? Any other company that did that would find itself in real peril. Oh...wait a minute..

rfswhite, so which route do wish to travel: getting help for your device/software issues, or a further entangling over how this forum is designed to work?

Knowledge Base Updates
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Personally, I'd choose the "getting help for your device/software issues", but that's just me.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

BillJ wrote:
Personally, I'd choose the "getting help for your device/software issues", but that's just me.

Likewise, but I feel this user has other intent.

Knowledge Base Updates