Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry q10

Blackberry Q10 stopped woring (white screen with black lines)

Hi all, not sure if anyone has experienced this yet. I have a new BB Q10, barely used. Today after completing a call with AT&T Customer Care about an unrelated issue, I plugged the phone into a charger. Immediately the screen went white and then black lines started appearing veritcally across the screen. Then the phone turned off. If I try to turn the phone on, the red light in the corner turns on but the phone does not. After removing the battery multiple times and holding the power button, I see the white screen with black lines appear and then the phone goes dark, again. What can this be? 

Retired
My Device: Q10/9900/9790

Re: Blackberry Q10 stopped woring (white screen with black lines)

The issue you have described does sound like a hardware issue with the device. At which time you will want to consult with your wireless carrier to confirm your next steps. 

The next steps you can take in order to help determine what is broken on the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone is reload the operating system.

*Note before reloading the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone software please attempt backup the data stored on the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link.

BlackBerry Link can be downloaded and installed from the below site:

www.blackberry.com/blackberrylink

To backup the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone Software please follow the below steps:

Windows/Mac

1.On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
2.Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
3.At the bottom of the screen, click your device.
4.Click the Settings icon. In the Settings view, in the left pane, click Back Up Now.

Note: You can select data to include in your backup files by selecting specific data in the Settings view.

Alternatively, the following steps can also be performed:

1.To back up your device data, you can also click beside your device at the bottom of your screen. Click Back Up.

To reload the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone software please follow the below steps:

1.Open BlackBerry Link.
2.Connect the smartphone using the micro USB cable.
3.At the bottom of the BlackBerry Link window, click the Computer tab.
4.Select settings.
5.Under Reload Device Software, select Reload.
6.Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone smartphone has been reloaded please attempt to test to see if the issue can be reproduced.

I look forward to your reply

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!