Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

sheetmetal
My Device: torch

Blackberry Q10

I was really looking forward to upgrading my torch for the new Q10, but was very disappointed when I did. I had it for less than 24 hours and returned it to the retailer and got my torch back. Seems that the only aps I had and need are not available for the q10. You would think that developers would look into being able to use old aps in new products. I am very upset.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

Re: Blackberry Q10

What apps were you looking for? For sure there are some OS5-7 Apps that aren't available for the BB10 OS but there are also many BB10 Apps which are not available for OS5-7. Almost all the major ones are now available for BB10, including Skype. Even Instagram is available via side-loading.
Twitter: @sheldonbk
sheetmetal

I am a weather spotter in my area and need the local TV station ap which I have on my torch, but is not available for the new Q10. Locally supplied aps are what I am needing.
sheetmetal

By the way the android ap will download but will not open up on the Q10

Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk

The Q10 browser is phenominal so if the information is on the TV station's web page and can be found via an internet browser, perhaps it's a work-around for you.

There are also a number of apps which access a number of stations around the world. I have one. It's not the best but perhaps it will work. Some of these apps just are shortcuts to a channel's web page though.  

Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk

You may have better luck with the Android app as soon as 10.2 is released. A number of people have installed leaks of 10.2 even though it's very pre-mature. You may want to post on a forum thread of a 10.2 leak and ask someone to install the BAR file which doesn't work on 10.1 yet. 

I believe that 10.2 has a much better Android engine (or whatever the appropriate language is). It is rumoured (or perhaps confirmed) to support the Android JellyBean OS. 

sheetmetal

Thanks for your response and idea, but I need the local ap, can't use one from another station not in our area. This station only supports iphone and android, but, I was lucky enough to get one of them to work on my 'torch'.

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I understand you don't get the same apps like OS 7 but you've to remember it isn't Blackberry fault its the developers that work on these apps! If you want to you kinda send email to support team and ask them if there are working on OS 10!

You can side load a lot of Android apps if you want just do quick Google search on how to do so! Don't post third party links!

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Contributor
tomqwong
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

I had an app on my Torch 9900 what I could use to ring my phone at a predetermined time.

No such app is available for Q10!

Just one which will ring my phone in 30 or 60 seconds.

Does anyone know of an AppWorld app available for the Q10 that I can use to ring my phone, simulating a phone call to me?

& to top it off, the Q10 app to ring me costs 99 cents, but the 9900 app cost 0!

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

tomqwong wrote:

I had an app on my Torch 9900 what I could use to ring my phone at a predetermined time.

No such app is available for Q10!

Just one which will ring my phone in 30 or 60 seconds.

Does anyone know of an AppWorld app available for the Q10 that I can use to ring my phone, simulating a phone call to me?

& to top it off, the Q10 app to ring me costs 99 cents, but the 9900 app cost 0!

I don't get what your asking? Looking for "fake call" ? 

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!