Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
mcahmedy
My Device: HTC Sensation XL
Accepted Solution

Blackberry got soaked in stew

Hello, unfortunately my blackberry q10 got poured over with soup/stew, so far, the steps I've taken was to take it out the holster, wash the soup off it, take out the battery and spread all the parts to dry up. Nonetheless, I would like to know if there are some extra measures I should take before turning it on again. Cheers!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Blackberry got soaked in stew

If any moisture got into the phone, you'll want to seal the battery in a bag of uncooked rice for 4-5 days minimum. If no moisture got in, make sure every component (battery, SIM card, media card) is dry and put the phone back together and use it.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's easy to get moisture inside it, depending on how you washed it, how thick the soup/stew was, etc. If you have it clean, I'd let all the parts sit in the rice for a few days. You don't want to risk turning it on too early and zap it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mcahmedy
My Device: HTC Sensation XL

Thanks guys, the phone was in the holster, so I just used some water to wipe the face and the top end. I spread the parts to let it dry overnight, it's working fine as I'm typing this with it. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Along the lines of what @John_Clark said, you might have a false sense of security because the phone appears to be working well; there could still be some rogue moisture in it.

If you can't put it in the rice for a few days, keep a CLOSE eye on every part of the phone's performance. What might appear as just a little blip or skip could mean moisture is still in your phone. Continue to use it if you must but be prepared to throw it in rice at the first sign of any trouble (however it could be too late by then).

Wishing you the best with your phone. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.