Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Developer
muratcolakoglu
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry needs to sort out he brightness issue on the Q10 - Its very bad

Anyway there are many complains about the brightness of q10. People who are happy good for you but the screen is dim dim dim. 

Contributor
paxtonbt
My Device: Q10

[ Edited ]

Exactly, I don't see why we can't all be happy here. If BlackBerry released an OS update to unlock better brightness output (output that's at least comparable to other Super AMOLED devices on the market), those who are happy now with their current maximum brightness level would simply be able to reduce their brightness level back down, exactly as they please.

Again, it should be my choice if I want higher brightness and lower battery life, not BlackBerry's product designers. An option to disable automatic-dimming should also be implemented. Every other phone on the market has the option to turn this feature off.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Paxton, I'd be willing to take additional shots but I really don't care to dragged into your 'tarbaby' where you quiz and question what and how I've done it. There was no trickery involved in my photography. I set both to 50%, had my assistant in my office take a shot with her iPhone, downsized the file to less than a 1mb so it would be accepted as an upload in this forum. Sorry you can't accept it, but it is what it is.

So now you want one with 100% on both (like I said, the screen difference remain noticeable similarly to that one above in the difference, and with no overhead light, and with no autoexposure. What next, while holding my thumb to my ear?

I could make another shot of my screens, and you'll just find a reason to want another.

You have a faulty unit, it's been stated several times in this thread. Get a swap on your device before it's too late.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
muratcolakoglu

It's not a faulty unit. All the q10's are the same. They are dim dim dim.

JSanders

muratcolakoglu wrote:

It's not a faulty unit. All the q10's are the same. They are dim dim dim.

lol, you don't follow this thread very well, do you?

Yes, all are the same.

And some are faulty. The one Paxton has is faulty.

muratcolakoglu, you're a developer, and you can't understand this?

What apps do you produce?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
paxtonbt
My Device: Q10

Haha, I knew it! How'd I guess that you wouldn't provide the same comparison shots I did? It's simple: if you do, it'll show that your Q10 is as dim as mine. It's the same reason why not a single person claiming to have a "bright" Q10 posted similar comparison shots!

Why don't you want to admit it? Why continue to berate us who know our Q10's are dim? Who have already tried to replace them and were told by our carriers that they were working perfectly? What's the point? To prevent us from getting the OS update we're all begging for? Your behavior is senseless. 

It's you who hasn't been following this thread. Even on Crackberry, after I posted the video, users claiming to have bright Q10's came forward and said their Q10's were truly as dim as mine (even if they preferred it that dim). Shall a cite again the scientific study that proves definitively that the Q10 is the dimmest device on the market, or are you going to ignore that again?

What is your goal here? To protect BlackBerry's name or something? It is nothing but a FACT that the Q10 was designed to be dim, and we want it brighter. Why is that SUCH a bad thing?

Developer
muratcolakoglu

Jsanders I follow very well the topic and was following the two's at crackberry. There are many claims about  q10's brightness. You can't change the truth. It's dim dim dim.

JSanders

Well, obviously you have not.

Your statement below is in accurate and untruthful. Reading this thread you would see the difference.

muratcolakoglu wrote:

All the q10's are the same. They are dim dim dim.

I would hope that could contribute more to this thread than to only be combative.

Knowledge Base Updates
Developer
muratcolakoglu

I have Q10 and Z10 devices. I know very well the brightness issue. It's dim dim dim. 

JSanders

paxtonbt wrote:

Haha, I knew it! How'd I guess that you wouldn't provide the same comparison shots I did? It's simple: if you do, it'll show that your Q10 is as dim as mine. It's the same reason why not a single person claiming to have a "bright" Q10 posted similar comparison shots!

Why don't you want to admit it? Why continue to berate us who know our Q10's are dim? Who have already tried to replace them and were told by our carriers that they were working perfectly? What's the point? To prevent us from getting the OS update we're all begging for? Your behavior is senseless. 

It's you who hasn't been following this thread. Even on Crackberry, after I posted the video, users claiming to have bright Q10's came forward and said their Q10's were truly as dim as mine (even if they preferred it that dim). Shall a cite again the scientific study that proves definitively that the Q10 is the dimmest device on the market, or are you going to ignore that again?

What is your goal here? To protect BlackBerry's name or something? It is nothing but a FACT that the Q10 was designed to be dim, and we want it brighter. Why is that SUCH a bad thing?

No one is berating you. You are being silly and immature in your accusations.

I freely admit the Q10 is dimmer than  the Z10, have I said otherwise? Where?

However, your device is faulty, why can't you admit that?

Your crusade to prove that ALL Q10 screens are the same as yours is faulty and you've proven nothing.

In a couple of minutes i will post a shot of both devices at 100%, with no lighting? Is that your requirement to placate you?

Knowledge Base Updates