Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10 (OS 10.2.1.2941)
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth streaming audio issue

when my Q10 connects to my car deck (soon after i start the car) the phone connects to the car without issue. I can make phone calls, receive calls, etc - works flawlessly... BUT when using the streaming audio, either through BB Media Player or Neutron MP (downlaoded another player to see if it fixes the issue) the connection suddenly drops after about 40-80 seconds of playing fine.

This only happens 1 in every 2-3 times, but has happened consistently for the past 2 months since i got the phone. I use audio streaming via bluetooth minimum 2x a day.... and it drops the connection regularly. goes from playing the song for a while, then suddenly the BT connection drops off (stereo says no device connected). so i reboot the phone, and then it connects/plays fine (fixes it every time after  a reboot). this never happened with my 9900.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Bluetooth streaming audio issue

Hey puresoundz,

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry 10.1 are you currently running?  Go to Settings>About to find this information. Also when you restart the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone, how long does it take for the Bluetooth issue to start up again?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

SW version 10.1.0.238

Once I reboot the phone, and it connects - it plays just fine. It happens again one of the next 2 or 3x I connect to the stereo. eg:

1) morning drive to work: BT connects....plays.... disconnects after 40 seconds. reboot...plays fine until i get to work/turn off car.

2) next time in the car - drive to lunch: BT connects...plays....disconnects after 40 seconds. reboot...plays fine until i get to home/turn off car.

Sometimes #2 doesn't happen and it just stays connected. But usually it happens. i'd say it's more like 2 out of 3 times. It's driving me crazy - usually the part when the song gets good :smileytongue:

and again to reiterate - BT calling is unaffected by this. I can use my car as a BT device without issue/cutting out. it's only when i use the audio streaming that it craps out. (of course if I do use BT audio and then it disconnects I cant use BT calling either until it re-establishes the connection)

Contributor

in case further clarification is needed - it is not elapsed time that seems to trigger this issue. It looks to be connecting/re-connecting to BT. So once I reboot it's fine, until next time i connect again.

Contributor

to further add some detail to this issue (if anyone cares)....

after dropping off the connection... there's a ~45 second delay and then it re-connects again. If i resume the song that was playing, it will again drop off after ~40 seconds. It will continue to connect/disconnect up until a reboot is done to "fix" the issue temporarily.

every time i drive i get to start with a reboot of my device (f-ing annoying).

Contributor

upgraded my device software to 10.1.0.273... didn't help.

I did find however that I can turn off/on Bluetooth every time I enter my car to avoid the issue. It's a pain in the **bleep**, but better/faster than rebooting the phone.

please fix!!

Contributor

One of the previous OS updates (circa Sept 2013) definitely fixed it. Forgot to mention!