If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
MusicF
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Calendar Problem- Help needed

Hi:

I have a google calendar but I did not use a Gmail account to set up the calendar. Instead, I used a pop account from my isp service provider- who is cogeco.ca

I am trying to sync my google calndar to my Blackberry built in calendar. I can't seet to do it.

Can someone give me the steps and the server addresses I would need to use.

Thanks so much. I appreciate your help and time.

MusicF

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Calendar Problem- Help needed

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB with those instructions:

• KB33093 How to setup Google Calendar synchronization via CalDAV on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MusicF

Hi and thank-you. That link appears to be on another topic though.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oops! Somehow the actual link that I pasted got messed up, while the text was correct...very interesting indeed. Let's try this one:

• KB33093 How to setup Google Calendar synchronization via CalDAV on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry 10 smartphone

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MusicF

Hmmm..It said " your login information for ClDAV server [www.google.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings.

?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MusicF

Where it says "

1. In the Server Address field, enterhttps://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<emailaddress>/events  where <emailaddress> is the Google email address.

I don't have a google/gmail address. I have an ordinary email address from my isp. That's what I am using . Is that what I should be using in this step?

Thank-you

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

MusicF wrote:

Hmmm..It said " your login information for ClDAV server [www.google.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings.

?

Ummm..."CIDAV"? Usually, it's CALDAV or CARDDAV, but CIDAV? In any event, it would seem like the response is clear...whatever credentials you are providing are not correct, and are being rejected by Google.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

MusicF wrote:

Where it says "

1. In the Server Address field, enterhttps://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<emailaddress>/events  where <emailaddress> is the Google email address.

I don't have a google/gmail address. I have an ordinary email address from my isp. That's what I am using . Is that what I should be using in this step?

Thank-you

To use Google calendar, you typically have to have a google email address, for that is what goole uses to authenticate all of their services. If your ISP has some sort of relationship with google to provide, via your ISP, some google services, then you will need to inquire with your ISP as to how to use those, for that is a rather special situation, not covered by any of the normal methods. If your ISP does not have this special relationship with google, and you wish to use google for calendar, then you would need to create a google account.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MusicF

Thanks. That probably explains why it is not working. I can view the caledar from any web browser, but I can't get it tio sync with the BB

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I think that I do not understand. Your calendar is hosted at google, and you can view it via any web browser, but you do not have a google account at all? That may well then indicate some special relationship between your ISP and google, for which you need your ISP to then provide you with the proper instructions.

You are welcome, and good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.