Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Intermediateidiot
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Calendar entries being deleted

I've slowly come to terms with the rushed and slightly inadequate OS10 and the frustrations of the lack of shortcuts widely recognised. But what is tempting me to turn my Q10 into a Frisbee is the repeated deletion of calendar entries. There is no pattern to their removal, I add them and some are randomly gone when I look for them. Recurring ones, one-offs, it doesn't matter but IMPORTANT stuff is being lost. If I can't trust my BlackBerry for the basics I may as well bin it. Any ideas anyone please?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rusaner
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Calendar entries being deleted

I am having this problem as well except that all of my calendar entries have been disappearing x2 since August.  I never had this problem with my BOLD and have to revert back to a printed calendar which really sucks and defeats the purpose of having it on your phone.

The first time I blamed it on having my battery completely die on the way back from Cuba.  One minute it was there, the next it was all gone.  This sucks because I am a nurse and have many different shifts and appointments, education hours etc.  However, it kept all my previous calls, contacts other apps etc.  This is in regards to the calendar that comes with the bb10 - NOT a separate app.

The 2nd time, there was no rhyme or reason.  It takes a long time to put in all my shifts and appts; I refuse to do it again unless I know the reason why and if it is fixed.  I searched and all I could find was a recommendation to back up my calendar - this is not a solution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Intermediateidiot

Now that's curious.. my calendar was fine until about that time too. Does it coincide with a software update I wonder? It's certainly down to flakey software and it's also a relief to know I'm not alone. The calendar facility is such a fundamental element of the BlackBerry that I think that despite their current difficulties the company should look at this issue. I have been an ardent BlackBerry user for many years and only bought this Q10 after my beloved original 9800 torch fell down the toilet. It hadn't skipped a beat in 3 years, following on from other bolds that I updated for no better reason than that I felt like it. I don't feel the same about this Q10 now - I just don't trust it and that's the deathknell for the marque for me unless this is sorted out.

To suggest backing up as a remedy is laughable - even doing that on a daily basis wouldn't prevent its random deletions as it could do so before you got back to do the backup. And it misses the point that it's a fault that should be fixed.

Can you restore our faith BlackBerry or it this the last time I spend a full $500 (that should be a £ but of course the shortcut key doesn't work does it?!) on a smartphone?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rusaner

Thanks, I totally agree with you.  This really needs to be addressed as I too was an ardent BB user on the Bold that I loved, I now wish I had not upgraded.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Intermediateidiot

RIM, can you comment please?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rusaner

There has been no comment from Rim - what's my next step?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Intermediateidiot

Hi. Great minds. Are thinking alike this morning. I thought I'd have a nose and discovered that BlackBerry are releasing the latest software update 10.2 this weekend for UK and Europe (US has to wait a while). The relevance is that amongst the upgrades is what is described as 'enhancements to the calendar'. Now what that means in reality is hard to predict but I'm giving them this chance to patch it. If it still doesn't work properly then I will sell the Q10 and buy a Bold. Seems insane but so does having something as faulty as this is.
Shall we meet back here in, say a month and report in? ;o)
Please use plain text.