Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
bb_lover11
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Calendar help!

I've been searching for other posts regarding the following... I apologize if I'm repeating, I can't seem to find the answers.

I recently received the Q10. I had a Torch before. I've always been a BB owner. I miss my Torch already, but it's a learning curve.

Regarding the calendar. I do not want any of my events to show up on my lock screen. I've tried making them personal, or with no reminder, and it will still show up. If made personal, the time of my next scheduled appointment in my calendar will show up. I don't want any of this on my lock screen. I'd like it to be blank. Or customized by me.

Anyway to change this setting?

Second, in calendar, when I add a birthday, there is no yearly recurrence, only daily or weekly. Am I missing something?

Thanks so much for any help!

Lola 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bb_lover11
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Calendar help! Help!!

Can anyone help with these questions?

1) Can I remove calendar events from my lock screen/home page?

2) How to add yearly reoccurrences? 

Or if you know of a link where this has already been answered, to post it for me?

Merci! Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Mike1London
My Carrier: EE (UK)

I got hold of someone in tech help at my network provider (EE UK) they said the best way to get it back was via a complete wipe using master reset. It's very easy but took my phone over two hours to wipe and then another 90 odd mins restoring everything and putting in passwords etc. I'm pleased to report the calendar is back working but a somewhat time consuming, albeit successful, operation. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Mike1London
My Carrier: EE (UK)

Blackberry help on twitter came back confirming 'there is no workaround for this issue at this time'.
Please use plain text.