Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
pmwchs
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Calendar issue and constant restarting

I am about to give up on the q10 after waiting a very long time for it.  I can no longer see my calendar items at all.  It looks like my entire calendar has no appointments but I know they are there as I get the reminders for them 15 mins ahead of time.  I am missing appointments constantly because I can't see what my day, week or month looks like until the appointment is about to start. 

And my phone constantly restarts when I put it down.  Up to 6 or 8 times a day and then I have to wait for it to boot up again.  And calls tend to go directly to voicemail more often than with my torch.  Please someone help me.  I can't live like this since my entire work life revolves around my phone and being in the car.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Calendar issue and constant restarting

Hello,

I'd suggest a WIPE, and perhaps even a full clean OS reload:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pmwchs

I would very much like to do that except for my blackberry will not allow me to choose back up even though I am signed in both on my device and on my laptop. I can back up pictures and media but not calendar or contacts.  The choice to back up now is not available to be chosen.  Can you help me with that?  I cannot lose all of the contacts that I have added since I got this phone a month ago.  When I got the first q10 and then traded it in for malfunctioning I lost 2 weeks of contacts and all of my text messages,  If I pull my SIM card will it keep everything that I have done in the last month?  Thank you for responding- no one else has bothered.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Backup on BB10 is not as robust as legacy...with legacy, you could specifically select many of the databases to include/exclude from the backup/restore process. With BB10, there is only the 3 levels to choose at backup, and no ability to choose anything at restore. Hence, you need to do a complete backup first via LINK and/or do the 3 individual backups. I typically do 4 backups...one full, and then one each for each of the individual selectable items (noting, in the filename of the backup, which each is).

You also could consider using another level of data protection. Either configure for USB sync with Outlook or use an OTA server to have your data synchronizing with.

Your SIM card will be irrelevant to your issues. The SIM card phonebook is far less robust than the BB Contact List...items added to your BB are NOT also added to your SIM card.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pmwchs

I am sorry if I wasn't clear.  I am logged in and trying to back up using blackberry link with a USB cable and it won't allow me to do any sort of back up on the pull up menu for the device at the bottom of the screen.  The only choice that is highlighted is remove device.  The choices like sync calendar/contacts, restore and back up are not highlighted so I cannot choose them.  If I could solve that dilemma I would feel comfortable wiping the device and reloading the software.  Any advice on that?

thank you so much for the advice- I have been using blackberry for 5 years and this makes me feel like a moron.  I am wanting my old bold back...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh, yes, that is completely different than what I'd previously understood. Thank you for clarifying.

Given what you describe, I'd recommend removing the existing LINK installation, rebooting cleanly (power down...not just "reboot") your computer, downloading a brand new copy of LINK, installing LINK to your computer, and then doing another clean computer reboot. Only then launch LINK and follow the wizard for the initial connection of your device to your computer.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.