Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Camera completely broke now

When posted my first message earlier this morning I could at least take pictures with the front camera, now when I click on the camera symbol it says "the camera can't be started"... I tired rebooting and all that stuff but nothing works which I cannot understand as I just bought the device few days ago where I could take pictures just fine...
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Camera completely broke now

Hello,

It's a pity you started another thread...it's always best for understanding by others to keep all of your stuff in one thread. Typically, we can't see your other posts when we reply unless they are all together in just one thread.

In any event, based on what you say here, it is entirely possible that your BB OS has become corrupted and needs a clean reload. It's also possible that you received a defective device. In any event, you have a choice to make...

1) Continue to try self-diagnostics

2) Avoid all that work and instead seek warranty support now

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

As it used to work in the beginning I thought there was just one small thing going wrong, but now I am not so sure anymore.

The camera opens again now but remains all black.

I have made a video clib, maybe it is easier for you to understand my problem and help me as I am currently travelling I need this mobilephone. Last time I contacted the warranty support with my Blackberry bold they kept my mobile phone for six weeks without giving me any compensation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfUn85G4UMg

I used to love blackberry but experiencing all this I am not too sure if I have made the right decision with buying a new one..

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Your video clip does not provide me anything to help you further. I gave you a choice above, which you have not yet made (at least, from your words, I cannot tell if you've made it or not).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code