Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Sympatico
My Device: Q10

Can not open device

When powering my newly acquired and configured Q10, I get a purple BlackBerry logo with a square. Touching the logo lights the keyboard and shows a percentage, but does not open the device. How can I access the device and my data?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can not open device

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You must wait for that logo/square/percentage to complete...the percentage is an indicator as to how far through the boot up process the device presently is. It should advance as it continues, eventually reaching 100%, at which point the device is fully booted up and can be used.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Sympatico
My Device: Q10

Thanks.

The system takes a very long time to boot (which appears to be abnormal) and then only shows the time date and a bed (as if the system was in sleeping mode). I can not access the device when I touch it or swipe my finger across in any direction. The device stays warm in my pocket and the battery empties itself during the workday.

I would very much appreciate more help before I return the device. I had been very satisfied with my previous BlackBerry.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

So, it eventually boots up (sorry, but I cannot give you an evaluation of "a very long time"...what seems "very long" to you could be quite normal...but without an actual time amount, I cannot make any evaluation) but you cannot use it at all. That is sad.

Since it is brand new, it is of course possible that it has a defect of some kind...of course, at an internet distance, we really can't firmly diagnose such things. If you want to try some things, the first thing I'd recommend is an OS reload:

There may perhaps be something wrong with your installed OS, and a reload might cure that. Since you've never been able to use this device at all, you don't have to worry about any backup/restore processes.

Also, do be aware that for the first 48 hours or so, the device will be doing all kinds of things -- downloading emails, synching calendar and contacts, linking contacts with other data sources, etc. During this initial time period, you will indeed notice higher battery usage. After it all completes, things tend to calm down to a more "normal" level. But, then again, since you've never actually been able to use this device, there is no configuration...so none of this initial activity would even be taking place.

In any event, if you want to try, then the OS reload is all that I can think of...failing that, formal support and possibly replacement.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code