Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

fansari
My Device: q10
My Carrier: O2

Can not set up email account on Q10

Click through the add account set up, enter email address.  Add password.  On to gmail access the account, password again, click done then...

"at this time your email account can't be added.  Please try again later."

I have tried many, many times.  I want to buy an iphone.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Can not set up email account on Q10

Need more info to be able to help you. What type of email account are you trying to setup? You may need to go to the advanced setting menu (at the bottom of the screen) and fill in more info. You also have to choose the type of account, POP, Activesync etc. Send more details and maybe someone can help, it's not the Q10 fault, sorry.

Please use plain text.
LongBeachBBfan
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi, I've been using a Q10 for a while now. Recently I changed my gmail password, and have not been able to get it re-connected to my Q10.

I'm running 10.2.1.2102 and get the same "please try again later" message when it tries to connect to my Gmail account.  Interestingly Gmail contacts and calendar are connecting, but not email.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MIAR
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi, I am having the exact same issue after upgrading to 10.2.1.2179 today. First I started to see errors that the Gmail account was incorrect and re-entering the credentials did not resolve the issue. Needless to say the password hadn't changed and still works fine in the browser. After deleting the account it could not be re-added, which I tried by using "Add Account --> Email, Calendar and Contacts", as well as via the custom icon using "Gmail" and "IMAP".  I noticed that unlike with 10.1 with the first two options there is a "Sign in with your Google account" pop-up (looks like a browser page), re-requesting the login to Gmail and then a follow-on page trying to confirm "Blackberry - this app would like to View and manage your mail, manage your calendars, view and manage contacts...". After hitting Accept there "Saving and verifying your email settings" takes a long time and the eventual error is either "cannot connect to smtp.gmail.com" or "At this time your email account can't be added. Please try again later."

Anyone else having the same issue? Is this something Blackberry needs to fix?

Please use plain text.
dsteinmo
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

I am seeing the same issue on my Z10, version 10.2.1.2102. If I go into hub, try to add my gmail account it says "Saving and verifying your email settings" for a very long time after entering my account credentials. It eventually kicks me back out to the hub with the account not added. Numerous attempts show the same result.

Please use plain text.
LongBeachBBfan
My Carrier: Rogers

Removing the account, rebooting, and adding it back fixed the problem, and I didn't lose any emails.

Please use plain text.
dsteinmo
My Carrier: Fido

Mine worked after trying to add the Gmail account on my home wireless network. There must have been some connectivity issue(port blocking? ) with my work's wifi network that was preventing it from working.
Please use plain text.
nachocordovez
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Movistar

So I live in Ecuador and my office uses a mail companny that´s non gmail, hotmail, ymail or any other known sites... Could that be the issue for wich i cant setup my work mail sesion? I would apreciate if someone can help me with my problem...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

nachocordovez wrote:

So I live in Ecuador and my office uses a mail companny that´s non gmail, hotmail, ymail or any other known sites... Could that be the issue for wich i cant setup my work mail sesion? I would apreciate if someone can help me with my problem...

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Possible...yes...but we can't know. BB10 devices can interface with nearly all internet-facing email systems...we can't know if your work email faces the internet or not. If it does not, then that indeed answers the question. But, if you can access that email via the internet via other means (webmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.), then it may be able to be used via your BB10 device. Start with this:

• Article ID: KB33444 How to use the Email Account Validation Tool (EAVT)

That should provide you with the proper settings to use. You can also look at the settings in your other interfaces (e.g., Outlook) and replicate them. If the wizard will not automatically integrate the account, then your email server may not be responding to the wizard with the necessary settings -- and you'll have to use the Advanced method and input all of the settings manually.

If things don't work, please be explicit with exactly the steps you take and exactly the results of each step, including the exact and complete content of any error messages presented.

Good luck and let us know

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.