Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
Terri_T
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't Assign Ring Tone to Contact

I can help you one step further...

after you assign the individual ring tones you want to your contacts.. reboot the phone by removing the battery.. wait a few seconds 10-20 (I am not a techie... i just kow you need to take it out for a little time)

then replace it... your individual ring tones should work now and over-ride the default... woo hoo

sadly this does NOT fix the text or email tones... but you are a step closer.  I imagine a software fix will have to be released to fix the other issues... and I hope soon... because I use the text sounds a lot to know who to reply to fast and the others I do not rush to read...

let me know if this helps... and keep me in mind if you solve the text tones problem :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,744

Terri_T wrote:

sadly this does NOT fix the text or email tones... but you are a step closer.  I imagine a software fix will have to be released to fix the other issues... and I hope soon... because I use the text sounds a lot to know who to reply to fast and the others I do not rush to read...

I do think this is all fixed in OS 10.1.0.4181 and higher.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Terri_T

how are you able to get an updated software? everyday I tell m phone to update the software and it says I have the latest version.  eitherway it is good to hear it will be fixed... some of the other posts around this formum implie the feature will be removed... that will make me very unhappy

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hari_Seldon

Yes, that worked!  I've only tested the phone ring tone, but it did use the correct one this time.  Thanks!!!  I'll definitely let you know if I'm able to get the text ring tone working.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hari_Seldon

I had the same experience.  When I selected the check for updates option it said I had the latest version.  Since I'd had the phone for such a short time, I just assumed that meant that I did have the latest version.  It sounds like it's possible that it wasn't checking for updates after all.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

Terri_T wrote:

some of the other posts around this formum implie the feature will be removed... that will make me very unhappy

What feature will be removed, what posts around this forum?

You can manually upgrade your device. Verizon is notorious for being slow to release upgrades.

I'd recommend for the Q10, 10.1.0.4687 OS

Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hari_Seldon

Thanks for the tips.  I noticed that these steps require using Blackberry Link.  I installed that and then immediately removed it because it scanned my computer and compiled a list of all of my local files.  I was afraid that if I used the software, I would be exposing my local files to the internet. I have a firewall, but once I gave Blackberry Link access to the internet, it looked like I was opening myself up more than I wanted to.  Is there a way to tell Blackberry Link to look at what's on the phone only and ignore the photos and docs on the computer?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

It's only wanting to sync your PC photos to your BlackBerry, and vice versa. You don't have to do that if you don't want to allow it. 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=en50342BlackBerry_Li...

Turn off automatic sync

If you don't want all of your new music, pictures, videos, and documents, and changes to those files, to automatically sync
between your computer and your BlackBerry device, you can turn off automatic sync for all or some of your files. By
default, automatic sync is turned on for music, pictures, videos, and documents when you set up your device with
BlackBerry Link.
If you turn off automatic sync, you can manually sync files between your computer and your device. You must also
manually sync any changes to the files that you manually synced.

1. On your computer, open BlackBerry Link

2. At the bottom of the screen, click your device.
3. Click the icon.
4. In the Settings view, click Synchronization
5. Do any of the following:
• To turn off automatic sync for your music, clear the Music checkbox.
• To turn off automatic sync for your pictures, clear the Pictures checkbox.
• To turn off automatic sync for your video, clear the Videos checkbox.
• To turn off automatic sync for your documents, clear the Documents checkbox.

To turn on automatic sync, select the checkbox beside the types of files that you want to automatically sync

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hari_Seldon

Thanks - this should be a big help.  I was concerned about being able to backup my Blackberry, but I prefer to keep the files on my computer separate from my phone.  This sounds like it will do the trick.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You can backup all days long using Link, with out having to sync your media.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.