Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
PJ_in_Texas
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Can't Send or Receive Pictures via Text Message

Also having this problem BUT I *could* send and receive text pics until the OS update - now I get the DOWNLOAD NOW button that does nothing. I am new to this forum so hope I am posting this properly and can find a solution!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
10_de_engineered
My Carrier: Most expensive in Canada

I just tested it with 10.1.4181 and I can send pics with sms.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SumaraKhan
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

When you want to reach BlackBerry you have to call your carrier, i.e. AT&T, Verizon, Sprint because connecting you directly through your Provider saves you 50 bucks of being connected by your own phone call.  It's like a service charge, everytime you call BlackBerry direct they charge your credit card 50 bucks, however, if you go through your carrier, it's free.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pa99
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Ever since downloading 10.1.0.4181, I have not been able to receive images via text messages.  All I get is a message stating that a message is waiting and to click on the "Download Now" button.  The only thing that happens when I click on the button is that the button disappears!  No image is visible or downloaded.  I checked my file manager and cannot see anything new anywhere.  Blackberry please look into this as no one on this forum has a solution.  This is absurd!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PJ_in_Texas
My Carrier: AT&T

Spent about 2 hours at AT&T trying to figure out the Q10 no picture text problem … their opinion:

the BB update is buggy and caused the problem    AND/OR

the media card in the phone has a virus    AND/OR

the network on their end is not set up correctly

My frustration with the Q10 had reached such a level that even if this issue was resolved, I wanted to rid myself of this phone …

Now, here’s where it gets interesting: we used the same SIM card (with adapter) to go back into my Torch 9810, the same media card and, the Torch could not send or receive picture texts! Got the same “Download Now” button that did nothing. (Torch had been fine before that)

AT&T addressed this by saying the Torch received the same buggy update as the Q10. When I pointed out that they did not have the same OS and, as far as I knew, the Torch had not received any update, he said BB sends a partial update to all of the OS systems … don’t think so, but who wanted to fight!?!

In the meantime, my Torch was off and on at least 6 times, I don’t think AT&T changed ANY settings on my account other than resetting the Visual Voice Mail that had been lost in the Q10 update. We left the media card out in case it was a problem.  The Torch is now working just fine on all counts. When I looked at the media card files on my computer, there did exist a ‘fixed’ corrupted file that I deleted. (like when we used to run DOS CHKDSK in the OLD computer world!) I did also reinsert the media card.

Rather than dealing any further with the Q10, I simply returned to using the Torch.

I wiped the Q10 and am selling it.

I honestly have no idea of WHY the text problem occurred but it DID start after the BB update. Do you suppose that the media card was the problem? Seems logical, right? Could it have been effected by the update in some adverse way? If those for whom the update caused no problem DO have a storage card in their phone, could it be a certain brand of media card? (mine was Kingston 16GB) OR is the Q10 simply devil possessed?

Hope this additional information helps in getting it all figured out. For now, I am happy and have a new amount of respect for my BB Torch!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MrSmartPhone
My Carrier: *

I am experienceing the exact same thing.  It all started a few days ago when BB told me there was a new OS update.  I installed the update and that is when the problem started for me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MrSmartPhone
My Carrier: *

Same here...it all stated with the most recent OS update that I did. As soon as I installed it, I stopped being able to send attachments via text.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
riacullo
My Carrier: Telus

I had the same problem. I called my service provider and it turned out to be my MMSC settings. They provided the settings and now it works fine. Got to the "general problems" link, i listed the MMSC settings for Telus there.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DENBOY
My Device: Not Specified

Hi.. this is a problem in the UK as well...  first Q10 could not send pics attached to txt messages...

vodaphone sent replacement VERY QUICK.. second phone just the same.. sent that back same reason. back to the BOLD... Blackberry have told Vodaphone UK there is a problem.. phone will not send pics as attachement to a txt... will send inMAIL etc.. but not txt.   I think somebody did not do the testing properly before launch.. big problem now. !

Merry Christmas... Denboy

Please use plain text.
Megsavs
My Carrier: Verizon

I had the same issue and figured it out! I always have my data turned off cuz I use wifi.. Well pics won't send over wifi, you have to turn on the carrier data! I'm so excited!
Please use plain text.