Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't send emails from my Q10 without wi fi

When you select, from the Hub Messages List, the "Compose" button (bottom of the Hub screen), you are presented with a list of all integrated accounts...select the one you wish the email to be sent from.

Alternatively, when the email compose screen is up, you can drag the screen down and will see a selection box for the from account -- you can change that to a different account to send that email from.

Also, from Settings > Accounts, there is a "Set as Default" button at the bottom of that screen, from which you can configure the default email account to send from.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tasko
My Carrier: Rogers

Even though I set up Outlook.com, my email address default account remained Cogeco - xxxxxx@cogeco.ca.  Is that an issue?  I don't have another address that I can add to the Hub.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, that is totally confusing then. Every email account you properly integrate into your device is available as one that you can send from. Which tells me that, contrary to what you've said, you perhaps have not fully and properly configured Outlook.com into your device.

Technically, it does not matter which address is set as default -- you can change it on the fly, as I described above. But, if when you try to change that, you still have only Cogeco as an available address to send from on your device, then that would further bolster the theory that you have NOT properly configured Outlook.com to your device...if you had, then it would be available as a "from" address via the methods I described earlier.

So, I'd suggest you re-check how you have integrated Outlook.com to your device, and perhaps remove and re-do that to see if you can get it to properly configure.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tasko
My Carrier: Rogers

My Outlook.com email address is through Cogeco.  I deleted that email address from my BB and re-set up.  No difference.  I do recall that when setting up Outlook.com there was some kind of a glitch because of Cogeco and I chose an alternate method.  Frankly, I've given up.  So I set up a new email address @gmail.com. That one appears to work perfectly - I have been able to send a couple of emails while on the road.  I'll continue to test.

But now I have another problem....since setting up the gmail account, my BB no longer has sound notifications!  And visual has not been perfect either.  I've found other posts about this issue.  I hope BB fixes this soon!  I've pretty much had it with all of this. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sorry for the delay...I've been away...

tasko wrote:

My Outlook.com email address is through Cogeco.

I do not understand that...Outlook.com can be used as sort of a "front end" to other email systems (e.g., "Send As"), but I would expect you to continue to have problems given how Cogeco restricts the use of their email system from anywhere outside of their network. Outlook.com would be equally "outside" as your direct email clients would be. So, given what you've described, I'd continue to deduce that the problem remains rooted in how Cogeco imposes their restrictions...it's pretty much impossible to circumvent the type of restrictions that they impose, but that's an issue with Cogeco, not with other things (IMHO).

tasko wrote:

But now I have another problem....since setting up the gmail account, my BB no longer has sound notifications!  And visual has not been perfect either.  I've found other posts about this issue.  I hope BB fixes this soon!  I've pretty much had it with all of this. 

I'm not at all certain what exactly is going on there...have you done the basic rebooting routines to try and clear it up? Like all computing devices, BBs are computers, and suffer from the same issues (memory leaks, etc.) as other computers, with rebooting being the best way to clean things up.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DamianZ
My Carrier: Vodafone RO

Same problem here somehow.

I'm on Vodafone Ro, I have 2 email accounts registered on my Q10.

First one is Gmail, and works perfectly.

Second one is my work account and we have an enterprise server In the company.

From this work account I can send an email but only if I type it. If a try to forward something, adding or not a text is not working!! The email is simply not sent!

I called my network provider and they informed me that it will not work on my Q10 course of an incompatibility of enterprise servers with the new 10 OS from. BlackBerry. 

I've inserted my simple card in a Samsung Galaxy Note and on my wife's IPhone 4s, made the exact same settings and works just fine.

Can you please tell me what the other do?? I love my new q10 but I need my job more.

Regards,

Damian 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

DamianZ wrote:

Same problem here somehow.

I'm on Vodafone Ro, I have 2 email accounts registered on my Q10.

First one is Gmail, and works perfectly.

Second one is my work account and we have an enterprise server In the company.

From this work account I can send an email but only if I type it. If a try to forward something, adding or not a text is not working!! The email is simply not sent!

I called my network provider and they informed me that it will not work on my Q10 course of an incompatibility of enterprise servers with the new 10 OS from. BlackBerry. 

I've inserted my simple card in a Samsung Galaxy Note and on my wife's IPhone 4s, made the exact same settings and works just fine.

Can you please tell me what the other do?? I love my new q10 but I need my job more.

Regards,

Damian 

Hello,

You need to work with your BES admins...there are various trade-offs between BB10 and older BES versions, and they can help you understand those. If you are the BES admin, please say so and we'll have your post split out of this thread and moved to the proper BES forum so that other BES admins can assist you.

Thanks and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DamianZ
My Carrier: Vodafone RO

I'm not a BES admin. I have a sales position in my company and on my laptop I'm loged in as a guest all the time. But last mont when I was using a BES data package from my provider everything was great, now on other devices works great too but not on my Q10.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hence, you need to work with your BES admins, whoever they are.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.