Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Bamb00z1e
My Device: Blackberry Q10 & Z10
My Carrier: Truphone

Cannot perform search for contact name and 'company' on Q10 & Z10

Hi there, I am struggling with an issue, hope you can help me. When performing a search for a contact on either Q10 or Z10, if you type in the contact name and the Company name, the search result does not find the contact. For example: Save Julie Smith as a contact (first name & name under those fields) Under Company name - insert Amazon Then, if you try to search for 'Julie Amazon', the devices fail to associate the Company name with the contact name. Same happens with last name. If I search for 'Julie' only it brings up correctly but only when you insert both name and company that it does not like it. Both devices enabled on ActiveSync only Contacts imported from Exchange and well as created new contacts on handset to test. The previous OS (such as BB 9900) able to perform this perfectly so its just the BB10 devices. Can you help ? Thank you Totally bamboozled
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Cannot perform search for contact name and 'company' on Q10 & Z10

Hi Bamb00z1e,

Welcome to the support community!

Searching contacts by first name and company name combined is not an available feature of BlackBerry 10 devices.

When typing the contacts first name or last name, you should be presented with all contacts who match the name as you are typing it into the search. You can then choose the contact you are searching for from that list.
You are also able to search by company name only and choose the contact from the list of contacts with that company name included in their contact information.

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bamb00z1e
My Device: Blackberry Q10 & Z10
My Carrier: Truphone

Re: Cannot perform search for contact name and 'company' on Q10 & Z10

Please use plain text.